Automation EngineerJob Description
In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Expert knowledge and ability to design, create, develop and manage systems, for example, factory automation, process automation, and warehouse automation.
- Design, program, simulate, and test automated machinery and processes for FDA food processing plants and robots.
- Demonstrable success functioning as a controls design engineer on multiple automation projects as well as troubleshooting equipment.
- Develop and Maintain Automated Processes.
- Seek out areas of Automated Process Improvements and Implement Corrective Actions.
- Provide Engineering Support to Business Units to Troubleshoot and Resolve Technical Issues.
- Initiates and leads multi-disciplinary change projects and/or industrialization projects at business level
- Advanced Understanding of PLC Programming, HMI, vision systems, and robotics.
- Continuous improvement projects at department level. Represents Operations in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Introduces new products from Development to Operations. Specifies requirements from Operations.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 5+ Years of hands-on automated engineering experience in a Manufacturing Environment. Experience with KUKA or Universal Robotics equipment preferred
- Lean/Six Sigma/5S Experience (certifications preferred).