PeopleFluent is hiring! We have multiple exciting opportunities for Software Developers to join our team as an Automation Engineer while based at our office in Raleigh, NC.
While reporting to one of our Engineering Managers, you will be responsible for developing solutions as your work is integrated into world-class products and services that we sell to clients. The ideal candidate possesses strong analytical skills and has a history of solving software engineering problems; they are expected to be proactive, organized, passionate, self-motivated, and able to make an immediate impact on our software development efforts.
We expect to provide the necessary training and opportunity for career growth, as well as the opportunity to be part of an excellent international Software Engineering team!
What will you be doing?
- Write automated tests which consistently prove that our software works as-expected.
- Design, develop, test, and document contributions to our PeopleFluent software products through functional enhancements, bug fixes, and performance improvement.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative working environment.
- Present, learn, and apply new technologies when necessary.
- Take on additional tasks, as needed.
We expect you to have at least 2 years of professional experience in software engineering, software development, application development, and/or software quality assurance (SWQA).
We would like (but don't require) you to have:
- Completed coursework in Computer Science; Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong experience working with Java programming; advanced experience working with Java 8+ is a plus!
- Experience working with Selenium browser automation; experience conducting API testing is a plus.
- Exposure to Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), ideally with Cucumber and Gherkin.
- Exposure to mobile application testing.
- Exposure to accessibility testing using manual or automated testing techniques.
- Experience working with test frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Mockito, Jest, Karma, etc.).
- Understanding of version control and release management tools such as Git, Github, and/or Bitbucket.
- Exposure to cloud computing platforms like AWS.
- Experience with full Software Development Life-Cycle projects - exposure to Agile and/or Scrum methodology is a plus!
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal).
What we offer