We are currently looking to add a QA Automation Engineer to join our team. This is a dynamic software engineering opportunity where you will be focused on automating the testing of complex web/cloud based applications. This includes enhancements, new features, and maintenance. The candidate will provide technical expertise and best practices; write test plans; design, create, and execute tests, create and execute scripts; Assist with analysis of efforts and documentation. This includes testing solutions based on business requirements in support of our Sales, Marketing, Operations, and other business units. The candidate will be able to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. The candidate will demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Designs, analyzes and produces scripts that map to test plans satisfy testing for business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Translate functional specifications into testing plans that capture detailed actions and automated scripts that test the application effectively.
- Assist in third level support of applications once delivered into Production.
- Engineers will focus on providing test case designs via automated scripts, from happy path to negative scenarios.
- Understand, define, and help to develop product requirements; providing estimates as needed for the testing needs of the project.
- Use test driven development and scaled agile methods to deliver products to client requirements.
- Participate regularly in SCRUM activities and provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Competent in Agile methodology.
- Good knowledge of Visual Studio and TFS, in specific hands on with Microsoft Test Manager and software lifecycle.
- Experience With Web Based Testing Applications
- Familiar with source control systems.
- Review User Interfaces For Consistency and Functionality
- Willingness to Learn New Technologies
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to Work Independently and In Team Based Environment
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Should be familar with creating product quality and release rediness statements/documentation.
4 year degree within Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems.
4+ years’ experience in software Quality Assurance and automation.
Willingness to work in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Experience testing web services (REST or SOAP) and XML at integration level.
Ability and enthusiasm for black box testing of web applications and services.
Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
Good understanding of Testing Methodologies / Best Practices.
Hands on experience of scripting languages.
Able to independently troubleshoot issues and clearly document the findings in a well written defect report.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience using version control and defect tracking systems (TFS or comparable).
Automated build, continuous integration and testing platforms (TFS prefered).
Frequently used industry standard tools like MS Coded UI, Selenium, Junit/TestNG.
Familiar with Page Object Models to streamline automation testin gwith Selenium.
Familiar with load testing using the Microsft Tools from Visual Studio.
Design and write data-driven tests.
Excelent knowledge of OOP concepts to structure big Selenium code bases to keep code well organized.
Hands on experience building reports in any kind of platform
Experience with Agile methodologies, in particular Lean Agile, SCRUM.
Build tools to make testing efforts more efficient.
Salesforce, Boomi, Netsuite exposure is a plus 18-8051