Lead Mechanical Engineer
Our customer is seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer for their Machine Automation team in Middleton, WI area!
The Lead Engineer will ensure the client's needs for custom Industrial automation are met or exceeded by leading the design process from concept to manufacturing and factory testing.
Top reasons to work with us?
- Opportunity to work for a growing company that serves many different industries!
- The company fosters a very strong promote from with-in culture, offering opportunity for long term growth and promotion
- Excellent compensation and benefits package.
What your responsibilities as the Lead Engineer will be:
- Leading multi-system integrated equipment projects from concept to build.
- Creating and executing equipment project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Involved in design reviews in all stages of design process; provide technical mentoring and assistance to group members as needed.
- Performing detailed engineering functions including: engineering calculations, create hardware schematics, works with others to use CREO / SolidWorks to develop 3D models, selects and purchases devices, and works with Manufacturing Facility to design for manufacturability.
- Overseeing and performing Factory Acceptance Testing processes and documentation for main types of systems and equipment at the Manufacturing Facility as required to ensure equipment is functioning to client's specifications before shipment.
- Overseeing installation and commissioning of equipment.
What you need in order to be a successful Lead Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent Engineering Degree.
- Experience designing complex and/or precision mechanical systems such as: Automated assembly machines, fixtures and robotic systems is required.
- Working knowledge of PLC's, analog/digital sensors, safety systems, motors and drives.
- System and process design experience - Machine concept layout, robot and/or fixed automation utilization planning.
- Working knowledge of engineering calculations including but not limited to: kinematics, power, torque, structural, cylinders, cams, air and oil flow/pressure calculations, machine cycle time etc.