The Automation Engineering role will provide technical expertise and guidance on building scalable and resilient platforms for our engineering teams at Live Oak.
What You’ll Do at Live Oak
You'll work on a cross-functional scrum team within a scaled agile environment, performing many of the activities below.
- Acts as an advocate for quality on the team and helps to instill that mindset throughout the team.
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, estimates, and testing strategies.
- Assist in efforts to build in quality through the development process, including fleshing out testing strategies, testing standards, and best practices around quality assurance.
- Write maintainable test automation code at the API and UI level in a professional software engineering environment (source control, 2-week release cycles, continuous integration, etc.).
- Mentors team members on best practices for assuring quality in all deliverables.
- Develops standards, documentation, and reference implementations for automation frameworks.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions when automation tests act inconsistently.
- Participate in training and customer support activities as needed.
- Learn quickly and adapt fast. We are looking for folks to lead the charge, not just keep up with it.
How You’ll Do It
- You'll build software that matters. We make software that helps small businesses and entrepreneurs get the capital and financial services they need to succeed and support their local communities.
- Your team decides the best technical approach and commitments, not your manager.
- You'll collaborate with super-smart people to build and deploy next generation banking solutions, as we enable capabilities to transform the outdated financial banking system.
Required and Preferred Experience
- 3+ years of experience working as an Automation/QA Engineer.
- Strong understanding of the Agile methodology and their role within the scrum process.
- Experience with LamdaTest, PyTest, Mocha/Chai/Sinon, Jest, Cucumber and Selenium
- Experience automating the testing of web apps, REST services, and/or different database technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and engineering skills.
- Strong initiative to champion and support improvements to processes, tools, methodologies, and product quality.
- Ability to lead and timebox research of new technologies and approaches.
- Understands the testing pyramid and knows when and how many tests should be written for different features.