GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Automation Engineer is responsible for providing different architecture solutions and coding of projects targeted for automation. The incumbent codes, tests and debugs automation scripts. The Automation Engineer may also support QA test tooling and test automation infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides weekly status report of all completed, on-going and future projects in order to keep management updated on progress.
- Establishes and maintains automation project timelines.
- Codes and prepares unit test data.
- Codes, tests and debugs automation scripts.
- Evaluates and modifies existing automation scripts.
- Subject matter expert of HP-QTP/UFT and/or Selenium utilizing C#.
- May create and execute performance tests using LoadRunner.
- Assists with documentation of procedures used for completed automation scripts.
- Interfaces with users and programmers to develop automation procedures and technology solutions.
- Assists Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer with questions regarding project design, concept, and automation execution errors.
- Assists Quality Assurance, Development, and Users with questions regarding automation.
- May support QA test automation and tooling infrastructure
- Interfaces with outside resources for problem solving.
- May back up Release Engineer with DevOps pipeline and production deployments.Performs other related work as assigned.
None required for this position.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A.A) in Information Technology, Business Administration or related field of study; and two (2) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience with SpecFlow, Cross Browser Testing, Quality Assurance principles, LifePRO, MS SQL and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Life Insurance and Annuities.
- Experience creating SQL queries.
- Experience with performance and load testing.
- Experience with manual and automated testing.
- Experience with industry standard DevOps practices.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
None required for this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand test plans and apply automation techniques to create automated test scripts.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyzes and synthesize complex information.
- Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with employees, customers, and other outside third parties.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of MicroSoft Office Suite.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical/operational procedures.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.