You will be responsible for the implementation, operation and maintenance of secure and highly available technical systems within Workplace & Automation.
The core responsibilities of the Engineer are as follows:
• Maintain, monitor, and support the technology platforms relevant to Automation utilising Intune/SCCM.
• Diagnose and resolve complex hardware, software, cloud service and connectivity problems.
• Integrate solutions with other applications and technology platforms based on engineering requirements.
• Develop scripted solutions and automation to drive continuous improvements.
• Perform routine maintenance tasks for technology systems such as backups, patch management and hot fixes.
• Develop plans to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application.
• Review and contribute to documentation relevant to services e.g. Design, Service Transition to Support, Standard Operating Procedures, SLAs, OLAs.
• System Center Configuration Manager, MDT, Intune, MobileIron, Group Policy management and other endpoint automated configuration and management related technology infrastructure.
• Release management for software and hardware deployments and updates, including the management and co-ordination of business champions.
Skills & Experience required
• Experience in:
o Intune and SCCM
o MDM platforms
o Group Policy configuration and Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
o Software and Patch Deployment
o Operating System Deployment
o Configuration of client endpoints and endpoint management
• Ability to identify areas of improvement to continually improve service quality and reduce costs.
• Self-starter, pragmatic, flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, able to align business and Digital Technology Group vision to deliver clarity.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of IT service processes (ITIL) and best practices, can manage risk.
• Substantial technical management experience in a similar role, including – but not limited to – design, implementation, disaster recovery.