Job ID: JR0184703
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Santa Clara, CA US
Other Locations: US, Oregon, Hillsboro
Job Type: Experienced HireAutomation EngineerJob Description
IT is a group of specialized professionals providing services to Intel's Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing and Corporate teams to sustain and maintain their work environments. IT participates in resolving customer issues and identifying and implementing system administration process improvements, including automation.
At Intel we have the opportunity to transform traditional thinking and expectations about how IT supports business innovation, partnership, velocity and productivity.
As an Automation Engineer
your responsibilities will be, but not limited to:
- Integrates, tests, installs, configures, and/or supports Factory automation software systems.
- Coordinates factory requirements, maps them to automation systems capabilities, and recommends technical solutions.
- Applies advanced troubleshooting to automation system problems.
- Drives continuous improvement efforts to meet automation systems health goals, as well as emerging capability needs.
- Serves as site expert for a designated set of automation systems, including representing integrated needs in crossfunctional and crosssite teams.
- Position may include some software development of related enhancements, supplemental systems, and/or support and monitoring tools.
- Work closely with software development engineers, systems engineers, network engineers, database administrators, monitoring team, and information security team in supporting new features, services and releases.
- Effectively use metrics, monitoring, and instrumentation of the application and infrastructure to: proactively discover problems before users notice; achieve optimal application performance, stability and availability; determine optimal configurations for application software and application servers; scale infrastructure to meet demand.
- Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push the capabilities forward, getting ahead of customers' needs.
- Share results from incident investigations to a wide IT audience through a blameless postmortem process with the goal of exposing faults so they are fixed instead of leaving issues unresolved.
- Execute a change through an enterprise environment with consistency and reliability by applying modern software, operations and quality principles such as progressive rollouts, problem detection and rollbacks if needed.
In addition the ideal candidate should also exhibit the following skills:
- Requires a mix of strategic engineering and design along with hands on, technical work and problem solving skills
- Passion for quality and automation and skills to understand complex systems and a desire for continual improvement and innovation
- Skills to communicate concepts at different levels of abstraction to exercise influence across and at multiple levels of the organization.
Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other technology related field
3+ years of experience with:
- Emerging operation techniques including, but not limited to: delivery and deployment through containers, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes; AutoRemediation to automatically resolve incidents
- Continuous Integration tools such as: Jenkins, TeamCity, etc. to design and create reliable releases of the software
- One or more scripting languages (i.e. Perl, Python, Bash)
- Debug standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP and Load Balancing
- Configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Infrastructure provisioning on public, private and hybrid clouds using state of the art tools such as: Terraform, vRelaize, Cloud Foundry or Cloud Formation
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.Inside this Business Group
Intel's Information Technology Group (IT) designs, deploys and supports the information technology architecture and hardware/software applications for Intel. This includes the LAN, WAN, telephony, data centers, client PCs, backup and restore, and enterprise applications. IT is also responsible for e-Commerce development, data hosting and delivery of Web content and services.Other Locations
US, Oregon, HillsboroPosting Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
USExperienced HireJR0184703Santa ClaraInformation Technology Group