The Manufacturing Engineering Group at the Allston Landing manufacturing site is responsible to ensure that the manufacturing equipment/systems and Automation systems used in the manufacture, storage, testing, and distribution of Sanofi Genzyme products are fit for purpose in accordance with Corporate standards and industry regulatory requirements. This encompasses work processes that originate with the identification of a new or revised asset, the design, installation, verification and validation of the asset, the maintenance of the asset in its commissioned/qualified/validated state and the retirement of the asset at the end of its life.
The Automation Engineer III will be responsible for developing and implementing the automation solution for a new biologics manufacturing site. This role works independently, with minimal supervision and direction. Projects may often require independent decision making and exercising of judgment. Project work is generally prioritized by the group manager or lead engineers.
- Support the configuration, administration and maintenance activities of the site’s manufacturing computer and automation systems, including process control systems, building automation systems, and data historians. Design, configuration, and testing of MES elements including master batch records, master data, system configuration, and interfaces.
- Lead projects in the design, development, and qualification of automated processes, equipment, and systems; including managing the work of internal engineers and outside vendors.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing process, equipment, systems, and infrastructure.
- Directly support operations with troubleshooting and issue resolution with respect to computer and automation systems.
- Lead small cross functional teams in support of project requirements and initiatives.
- May have technical leadership or supervisory responsibilities over more junior engineers.
- Required to be part of on-call rotation for off-hours manufacturing support after project go-live.
- Requires working in an industrial manufacturing environment including gowning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field and 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technological field and 5-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Previous experience with automation systems.
- Exposure to, or direct experience with regulated environments (i.e. cGMP, OSHA, EPA).
- Previous experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Experience with one of the following Genzyme platforms: DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, OSISoft PI historian, Werum PAS|X, Instrumentation and control panel hardware as required by the job.
- Experience with computer systems validation practices (GAMP).
- Experience authoring and reviewing standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
- Experience in managing small to medium-sized projects and outside vendors.#LI-GZ #GD-GZ
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.