Purpose and Scope
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform necessary functions to monitor and maintain automation and computer system in a validated state.
- Understand and manage change control process for automated and computer systems.
- Provide technical support for production equipment, utilities systems, and building automation and controls.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and system owner for automation, control systems, and computer systems (e.g. Rockwell Automation, Honeywell EBI, Delta Controls Orcaview, and JCI Metasys Building Management Systems).
- Review validation documentation for automation, control systems, and computer systems.
- Compile and analyze data, prepare reports and make recommendations for changes and/or improvements.
- Provide after hours and weekend support for manufacturing when in operation, as needed.
- Maintain safe work environment and follow site policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of PLCs, HMIs, Data management and SCADAs (iFix/Wonderware) to support systems: design, programming, maintenance.
- Working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills both verbal and written.
- Desire to innovate and continuous improve processes and programs in the area of responsibility.
- Technical writing and documentation review skills.
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice or acceptance criteria.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in fast-paced environment.
- The Automation Engineer II is expected to operate within the framework of Tolmar’s Core Values:
- Consistently operate with the highest standards of ethics and compliance.
- Take ownership of your actions, success and setbacks.
- Able to communicate with team and other departments to inform everyone completely and clearly.
- Respect each other and understand that honest collaboration is at the heart of our company success.
- Go the extra mile to make things happen.
- Be committed to all we do and the patients we serve.
- Embrace change with enthusiasm.
- Strive to learn about and understand the needs of customers and patients, and take action with great speed and efficiency no matter the task.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three or more years of equipment automation experience in in pharmaceutical industry or related discipline.
- Experience with Allen Bradley systems A/B PLC-5, A/B Controls Logixs, A/B Compact Logixs and A/B SLC 50x required.
- Rockwell Automation, Honeywell EBI, Delta Controls Orcaview, or JCI Metasys Building Management Systems experience required.
- Design/programming/maintenance of Distributed Control Systems (DCS, BMS), and SCADA/HMI/PLC/Data controls systems experience preferred.
- Experience in SQL database management/maintenance, and VB/C++ programming preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual pay range $95,000 - $105,000 DOE