Great new opportunity in the Rochester, MN area for an experienced engineer with automation experience! This is a full time permanent position with opportunity for advancement. In this position you will perform tasks to develop, test and document manufacturing processes and methods, specifically relating to automation.
Our client is seeking experience in the following:
- Experience examining the manufacturing process for cost reducing automation opportunities and leads the implementation.
- Responsibility for existing factory automation, including software, controls, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Developing, tests, implement and document a variety of routine to moderately complex operational sequences and processes in the manufacture of new and existing parts and/or products.
- Estimate manufacturing costs, process time and manpower requirements as it relates to applied automation. Consolidate, documents and presents results for review.
- Troubleshooting a variety of routine to moderately complex production problems involving continuous manufacturing processes. Investigates and determines the root cause of failures and problems. Recommend countermeasures or changes in processing methods.
- Conduct routine to moderately complex engineeringtrials and production process evaluations for manufacturing operations. Analyzes production data and identifies trends, problems, and opportunities for improvement. Recommend process adjustments to improve product quality and manufacturing efficiency and reduce material and manpower costs.
- Create, write, and modify work instructions.
- Prepare training materials and trains key production employees and production supervisors on new work procedures and manufacturing processes.
- Review and disposition discrepant material.
- B.S. Engineering with a specialty in Automation/Robotics, or Electrical
- Working knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology to the production of various products
- Working knowledge of automated production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Very good analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills. Strong math skills and intermediate skills in MS Excel and other application software used in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager on the operations side of the business. My client offers relocation assistance for out of area candidates who desire to live in the Rochester, MN surrounding area. You will not find a better company to work for! They are a growing company with excellent leadership and financial support.