The Senior Engineer - Automation is responsible for delivery, support, and optimization of automation systems at the Clinton, IN. site. The engineer will be assigned a process area/control system or assigned automation project work as the team needs.
- Design and operate with safety in mind at all times.
- Recommend and implement process improvements using Automation solutions.
- Use knowledge and experience to optimize control strategies.
Project and Financial Management:
- Work with global Project Delivery groups, site resources, and project team to facilitate medium scale project delivery.
- Manage budget, process schedules, and financial impact and interact with business to minimize downtime and mitigate risks to project delivery.
- Communicate issues and drive issue resolution.
- Facilitate project development meetings to ensure all areas of the business requirements and objectives are being addressed.
- Serve as key resource for a business area and Control System as assigned.
- Influence decisions on Control System selection, design, validation and strategy.
- Provide development of process control skills within the Clinton Automation group.
- Mentor Automation Specialists and junior engineers as projects are delivered to the areas.
- Facilitate and deliver training to building support and operations.
- Improve productivity through effective application and replication of successful automation and control solutions.
- Understand, deliver and document business value to customers.
- Recommend new control strategies for processes in operation.
- Establish key relationships internal/external to the business area.
- Identify customer requirements and develop solutions to meet customers’ needs.
Minimum Qualification (education, experience and/or training, required certifications):
- BS in engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in Automation.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation and/or DeltaV process control systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Computer System Validation and ability to right size the validation delivery.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong Project Management/Delivery skills including ability to resolve or escalate issues.
- Ability to work independently with little management.
- Ability to lead team and work with external resources.
- Location: Clinton Labs, Clinton, IN
- Monday-Friday days
- Occasional night/weekend support maybe required to meet demands of the 24 hr operation
- Minimum travel required