About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids production ensuring the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a ?must-run? company and we are committed to greater in everything we do?from operating efficiently, reliably and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
Day to day:
DCP Automation Engineers are charged with the responsibility of providing technical support for automation systems throughout the organization, as well as to lead and manage automation projects, from field instrumentation (sensors and actuators) to Human Machine Interfaces and data management systems. The scope of support includes the architecture of automation systems, equipment specifications, development of project cost estimates, schedules and scopes of work, support and lead commissioning activities, perform and validate system maintenance events, produce benefit estimation for optimization projects and support asset personnel with day to day maintenance and troubleshooting. DCP Automation Engineers are also in charge of the evaluation and deployment of new technologies as well as management of system?s lifecycle. Adaptability and continuous improvement are key roles in this position.
What you will be responsible for:
- Automation Engineer resource for the deployment of Advanced Process Controls and optimization strategies in alignment with margin increase goal.
- This position will be responsible for the technical and financial assessment of optimizations-through-automation projects as well as the execution of project portfolio. Deployment and maintenance of domain based automation systems, using active directory.
- Deployment and maintenance of advanced process control applications.
- Support and maintain Delta V and Foxboro DCS systems in multiple areas.
- Serve as system administrator for Siemens, Allen Bradley and Triconex PLC based control systems.
- Maintain and manage Automation systems with WonderWare InTouch and System platform front end applications.
- Support and sustain CTI/Siemens/TI PLC installations and serve as support resource for the Automation group in other areas.
- Produce and maintain Visual Basic, SQL, and WonderWare scripts for data analysis and reports.
- Support automation projects and lead teams of contractors and technical personnel.
- Lead efforts to implement and maintain data gathering and data reporting infrastructure companywide.
- Implement and maintain reporting structure for alarm management and asset performance monitoring.
- Implement and maintain asset historians and user interfaces.
- Design, implement and maintain BPCS graphics following situational awareness practices.
- Review, improve and implement control strategies.
- Participate in process hazard analysis, cause and effect reviews and alarm rationalization efforts.
- Conduct plant and field optimization reviews and feasibility studies as well as expansion studies.
- Support safety critical automation projects and ensure adherence to company and industry practices. Emphasis on Burner Management Systems and ESD systems.
- Develop standard drawings and specifications for control panels.
- Supportelectrical design efforts and oversee electricalconstruction projects.
- Support integration efforts focused on data collection and system optimization.
- Participation in incident investigations, various kinds of meetings, training and commercial support.
- Support Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) on automation systems to ensure compliance with DCP?s guidelines and requirements.
- Support Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) for commissioning of Automation Systems.
- Bachelors in Engineering? preferably Electrical, Chemical and/or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in Automation and Process Control for Natural Gas & NGL processing facilities.
- Strong Windows OS administration skills.
- Competent in all Microsoft Office tools.
- Proficient in understanding and developing control configuration using function blocks, ladder logic, and structured text languages.
- Great people skills with a great bed-side manner and ready to work with lots of kinds of people.
- Strong knowledge on SQL language or willing to develop such skillset.
- Familiarity with Foxboro and Delta V applications or willing to develop such skillset.
- Valid driver?s license and be willing to drive company vehicles.
- Willing to travel20%-40% of the time with sporadic continuous periods of 1-2months.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.