Seeking candidates for the Automation Engineer position.
The principal challenge of this position lies in the development of process controls and procedures in specialized areas, effecting workable solutions to engineering and production problems, and solving those problems rapidly in situations requiring closely coordinated completion with minimum operation interference.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, the Automation Engineer is accountable for:
- Providing specialized technical expertise in the application and use of Control, Automation, technology and Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for plant facilities and processes.
- Improving the overall safety of the plant's equipment and processes.
- Supporting the integration of smart manufacturing strategy elements to include planning, budgeting, and execution of Level 1, 2 & 3 systems across manufacturing processes.
- Participating in development of long range process and facilities planning, capital expenditure, and cost savings programs at the plant..
- Providing engineering innovations that will improve process control and product quality.
- Driving continuous improvement activities to eliminate all waste, especially as related to maintenance downtime, safety, work practices, and employee involvement.
- Performing and/or directing the design, development, installation, cost control, and evaluation of complex engineering projects.
- Providing support in decisions of corporate engineering direction and policy regarding engineering standards, equipment, and processes.
Continuing to learn the craft of electrical, controls and automation engineering, researching "state-of-the-art" and how it could be utilized on the manufacturing floor.
Important duties include:
- Visualizing, estimating, proposing, and implementing advanced automation solutions which improve safety, reduce costs, and/or increase output of product manufacturing within the Aerospace business.
- Planning, scheduling, and coordinating equipment installations.
- Observing operating areas to maintain knowledge of current conditions.
- Writing and/or approving engineering specifications, designs, estimates, schedules, spare parts lists, quotations, requisitions, work orders, etc.
- Directing individual designers, electricians, mechanics, and maintenance supervisors.
- Training less experienced engineers, maintenance supervision, and craft personnel.
- Preparing RFA's, engineering reports, and project status reports.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with peers, associates, and others at all levels.
Basic Qualifications :
- A bachelor's level degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Computer Science from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in automation and controls.
- The position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Minimum of 3 years of experience utilizing software programs for Robots, Rockwell Automation, Siemens, or similar control and automation products.
- Device integration experience via serial, TCP/IP and proprietary protocols.
- Familiarity with programming VB.Net, C#, ASP.Net, Java, Java Script, Microsoft SQL Server, MS Reporting Services, Windows, VMware Server Administration, and Network Management.