- Under minimal supervision, the Automation Engineer is responsible for the administration, maintenance, and improvement of the Building Automation System at Juno's Bothell manufacturing plant.
- Lead in the design and integration of process logic control manufacturing systems such as Delta V, Siemens, Rockwell or similar DCS systems.
- Work in partnership with vendors on investigations of proprietary automation software, hardware and systems.
- Participate in on-call support for automation control troubleshooting and repair.
- Provide and perform maintenance, installation, calibration of mechanical/electrical equipment while complying with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Establish and adhere to all safety procedures and practices affecting building facilities and utilities.
- Customer service focused for cross-functional support.
- Participate in establishing facility, utility, automation, and calibration practices, policies, and procedures, including operation and maintenance SOPs.
- Utilize the site's Building Automation/Maintenance System (BAS/BMS) to monitor and troubleshoot building utilities, process equipment, and leverage the BAS for system health indicators.
- Installation and activation of new monitoring points in the BAS/EMS.
- Perform routine data integrity audits of the BAS/EMS database and analyze trends of critical utilities.
- Establish and manage the work of outside vendors including review of all service reports for accuracy in accordance with current SOPs and Good Documentation Practices.
- Perform new asset onboarding and commissioning.
Schedule, record, and track maintenance events and work orders using the site's asset management system.
- 8+ years related experience in building automation/maintenance, specifically including HVAC/air handling systems, heating/cooling systems, plumbing and piping systems, and power/lighting.
- Advanced knowledge of Building Automation/Management Systems, such as WebCTRL's Automated Logic.
- Knowledge of Blue Mountain BMRAM or other computerized maintenance management system.
- Proven expertise in troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical systems.
- Unwavering commitment to implement and follow safety protocols and work practices.
- Ability to respond to off-hour emergencies, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
- Broad knowledge of operation of instruments including startup, normal operation, shutdown and non-typical operational modes.
- 2 year technical or associates degree in facilities maintenance, instrumentation, automation or related technical discipline.
- Candidate typically has 8+ years combination of education, training, and experience, with a minimum of 2 years in electrical equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable in installation and maintenance of electrical equipment. Working knowledge of Power Distribution Systems, UPS Systems, Variable Speed Drives, Emergency Generators, Motors, Breakers and Motor Control Centers. Typically, has received training in such specialized subjects as electrical theory, electrical controls, analog and digital electronics.