Responsibilities & Requirements
The role of the Automation Engineer is to analyze, design, and implement Cambia’s Infrastructure as Code strategy. This role is responsible for the design and implementation of infrastructure build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. Other responsibilities may include working with functional and technical teams to identify requirements, architect solutions, implement/update solutions, build and execute test plans, perform quality reviews, manage operations, and triage and fix operational issues. Automation Engineers require the ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with customer, peers, partners, vendors and leadership.
- Configuration management tools & processes; source code repository tools, experience with one programing language, OS scripting tools, relational databases, software testing, and networking concepts and protocols. Must also possess effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Multiple programing languages, networking components, protocols, and security (subnets, firewalls, routing, DNS, HTTP, TLS/SSL, etc.). Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations, Knowledge of an agile team environment and process, excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment.
Desired technical skills & competencies:
Experience in 3 or more of the following:
- Ansible preferred, Chef or Puppet also acceptable
- Blade Logic
- Infrastructure as Code
- Server virtualization (VMware ESX, RedHat Linux, Microsoft Windows Server, IBM AIX) – current versions
- Identity and Access Management
- Docker / Containers
- Networking – Cisco, F5 Load Balancing, Palo Alto
- Scripting (Bash, PERL, Powershell, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience of working with and/or developing APIs
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) / Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
- Documentation skills i.e. documenting work done with a goal of long term maintainability and project sharing.This position is available at levels I – III depending on experience.
Normally to be proficient, the candidate would have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field and at least one year of relevant experience in a multi-platform environment, including but not limited to applilcation development or database development; or an equivalanet combination of education and experience.
Requisition ID 2018-25020