At Entertainment Partners we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows, and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of doing work that directly impacts the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community with security at the core of what we do.
Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so....
We are targeting an Automation Engineer who will be responsible for architecting, developing and operationalizing the functional test automation strategy for their perspective dev squads. This team member is also responsible for collaborating with other automation engineers and developers in contributing to the automation network/platform. The Automation Engineer applies full understanding of the software engineering discipline (they are a master of their discipline) and industry best practices plus creativity to effectively design, implement, test/validate and support SW products and services. The Automation Engineer works with Software Developers, Product Managers, Project Managers and/or Development Managers to produce reliable, innovative software testing solutions to validate our products and services. The Automation Engineer exhibits advanced knowledge in most technical areas and guides other QA team members in the areas of open source testing technology.
- Designing, developing, and deploying software test automation solutions.
- Coach and guide other Software Engineers in the areas of test automation best practices, testing methods, techniques and approaches for automation of functional, regression, performance test cases.
- Evaluate opportunities for improvement in our test automation platform (Nexial) and continuously improve the solution by partnering with appropriate teams.
- Responsible for the Test Automation strategy using Nexial, and adoption of automated testing practices by scrum teams.
- Represent team in planning and status meetings with project teams and with management.
- Coordinate testing activities among multiple scrum teams, vendors on large projects.
- Maintaining automation artifacts.
- Provide timely escalation of issues and problems.
- All other tasks assigned by leaders from time to time.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in architecting, developing, deployment and usage of the framework for functional test automation, regression test automation, API level test automation and performance/load test.
- Scope of assignments is diverse, covering a broad range of assignments.
- Ability to discover and evaluate the most relevant factors to be considered in test automation framework development, test automation infrastructure design and effectively apply skills to meet business needs.
- Ability to innovate in creating and implementing testing solutions to meet the customer needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with numerous technology teams, product management teams, infrastructure teams, and support resources within the organization. Exceptional interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Must have demonstrated working knowledge and application of open source test automation tools.
- Ability to represent and lead communications with all stakeholders. Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Manage multiple projects, supporting activities with onshore and offshore team members and ensure quality deliverable in timely manner.
- Ability to coach, mentor other engineers on test automation concepts, framework use and testing methods, techniques.
- Has conviction, challenges solutions, and develops alternatives for solutions and frameworks for test automation.
- Good understanding of business, technology and market trends.
- Flexible and adaptable, seeking out and open to new ideas and approaches.
- Conversant with Agile/Scrum development methodology.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to absorb new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to work in company-provided work area and equipment, and can access tools and equipment as needed.