Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a product Promoter focused on the Industrial Communication & Networking product lines. This position, based in Detroit, MI, reports to the PA CI business segment and works closely with the regional Industrial Sales teams and channel partners providing expert consultative support to sales engineers and channel partners. The position will support the North Industrial Sales Region to execute demand creation activities, nurture and drive opportunities to closure, and grow Communication & Networking product line business. While supporting other target vertical markets – this position will focus specifically on the Automotive market/customers.
Outward focused, customer oriented and self-motivated promoter driven to:
- focus on targeted accounts for Communication & Networking products and services related opportunities in the North Industrial region
- roll out regional and channel partner marketing programs in association with Sales
- support and facilitate ("knowledge transfer") to sales & channel partners
- provide consultative support to sales teams, channel partners and customers ("technical advice”) relative to Communication & Networking products and services - Provides pre-sales support for complex technical applications deploying Application Engineer as necessary
- support the sales organization to close identified opportunities
- Conducts/organizes cross functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, services. - Provide consultative sales support to external partners (Distributors, Solution Partners) relative to Communication & Networking products
- Guides the development of business plans and product introduction plans on regional basis.
- Provides input into the product development requirements for new products or enhancing existing products or product lines.
- Provide feedback on customer requirements and issues as well as competitive intelligence.
- Work with product marketing managers to implement marketing strategies and programs in the region.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Candidate must have sales or technical experience and basic knowledge of industrial automation solution sets and architectures.
- Understanding of “networking products” as a critical component of common automation system.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of our SCALANCE & RUGGEDCOM product lines and our unique differentiators
- Ability to discuss the basic components of an automation system: PLC's, HMI, and SCADA.
- Education: BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Anticipated travel: 70%
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with Siemens’ SCALANCE and RUGGEDCOM product lines
- Familiarity with commonly sold competitive Communication & Networking product lines in US industrial markets (Moxa, Phoenix Contact, NTron, Cisco)
- Familiarity with local channels to market and of customers in North industrial sales region
- Experience in competitive account conversions
- Knowledge of Automotive industry value chain and typical work practices – Systems Integrators, OEMs, End Users - Any type of CISCO certification or equivalent
Requisition Number: 222981