Sealed Air Corporation is a knowledge-based company focused on packaging solutions that help our customers achieve their sustainability goals in the face of today's biggest social and environmental challenges. Our portfolio of widely recognized brands, including Cryovac® brand food packaging solutions and Bubble Wrap® brand cushioning, enable a safer and less wasteful food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.5 billion in sales in 2017 and has approximately 15,000 employees who serve customers in 122 countries.
We are seeking a strong Automation & Controls Project Engineer to join our team. Use your strong engineering design, project management and your knowledge of manufacturing processes to improve equipment design and efficiency. You will be involved with large and small projects and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the operation. This could be a great growth role and could lead to many greater opportunities.
This Automations & Controls Project Engineer will be responsible for the design, installation, and startup of process equipment in any of the global SAC manufacturing plants. Candidates must have five or more years of experience with project management and engineering. Responsibilities will include new line/equipment installations, modifications, retrofits, and development. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Electrical project and design engineering. This candidate must be able to work alone and with a team of engineer(s) and designer(s) to identify potential issues, formulate, and implement solutions.
- Develop and manage scope, budget and schedules for multiple projects.
- Communicate and coordinate internal manufacturing resources, internal product development resources, external suppliers, and contractors to complete the project.
- Apply technical skills to all facets of the project (equipment specification, control system design/integration, process equipment checkout/startup, etc.)
- Identify / evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated into the existing processes to improve yield, increase throughput, and/or reduce cost.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automation or Electromechanical Engineering required with preference to Master of Science degree.
- Five years of engineering and project management experience preferred which can be combined with relevant intern and co-op work.
- Superior breadth of electrical project management experience
- Talented Automation and Controls engineer with hands-on experience in PLC (Rockwell preferred), HMI, DCS and SIS applications development, systems integration, testing and troubleshooting. Conceptual design, project commissioning and start-up for industrial sectors.
- Determine cost of engineering, labor, equipment and materials for projects
- Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and project modifications.
- High knowledge of complicated electrical machinery and related equipment
- Good grasp of electrical system installation requirements for classified areas
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA NEC and National Electrical Safety Code standards
- Strong ability to troubleshoot PLC and VFD electronic control systems
- Exceptional skills in prioritizing work and completing multiple projects
- Outstanding ability to work in digital and analog process control systems
- Sound proficiency in process control applications and database systems
- Develop, program and troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLC applications
- Perform systems integration and industrial networks troubleshooting
- Ensured that all facility work was performed in compliance with operating regulations and procedures.
- Investigated and resolved root causes for all system malfunctions.
- Distributed power according to facility electrical equipment and circuits.
- Verified project designs to ensure operational accountability.
- Reviewed system design in coordination with external vendors.
- Conducted needed software and hardware purchasing arrangements for automated system facility.
- Monitored power distribution system features such as single-line diagrams and electrical equipment layouts.