$100K — $150K *
About the Role:
The Controls Engineer is a “hands-on” electrical controls/ automation position that will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specifications, organization, implementation, programming, and control for a variety of aluminum extrusion processing equipment and machines. This position will be responsible for assisting and/ or developing and implementing Capex and major maintenance projects in various areas of an aluminum extrusion and fabrication plant. Capex (Capital Expenditure) projects are under direct control of the Engineering Manager.
Another significant responsibility of the Controls Engineer is to assist plant operations and maintenance departments with advanced technical issues related to the production process(es), equipment, buildings and facilities within the plant. This could include solving specific technical problems or assisting maintenance personnel in the execution of major maintenance projects, such as during planned outages or unplanned shutdowns due to equipment failure.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
· Ensure safety compliance standards are met by understanding and enforcing safety compliance (NEC, NFPA, OSHA).
· Coordinate and direct the conceptual or preliminary engineering for the proposed electrical, controls and automation projects, to define the project scope and develop the estimated cost.
· Collaborate with various stakeholders to define and quantify the project benefits and/or justification.
· Manages multiple capital projects, supports major maintenance projects and/or facility rehabilitations from concept through design, fabrication, installation, and training.
· Programming knowledge of Rockwell/ Allen Bradley automation products CompactLogix, ControlLogix, FactoryTalk, Logix5000 Ethernet/ IP communications including robotic control programming.
· Professional and technical knowledge of database software such as SQL.
· PLC and HMI programming and troubleshooting.
· Design of industrial controls systems for custom process equipment, including the layout of power distribution and specification of controls.
· Provide various status reports of progress for various plant/ division management members.
· Participate in design reviews, as required and requested by Management.
· Analyzes and incorporates sustainable, energy conserving engineering concepts where appropriate.
· Provides electrical design mentoring/training/guidance to staff and maintenance department.
· Act as consultant providing advice on the nature of electrical material required and viable alternatives.
· Generate project requests (Capital & Major Expense), specify components, create, modify and update electrical drawings, compile bills of material and prepare process control/ standard work descriptions.
· Perform electrical design calculations and quantify results relating to assigned projects.
· Direct, review and approve the electrical project design drawings.
· Evaluate, select and coordinate with outside vendors for design, installation and fabrication of required electrical support systems.
· Establishes and maintains plant electrical drawings, documentation, PLC programs.
· Oversees all external electrical and automations contractors and other required outside contractors as needed.
· Evaluates insurance coverage and audits maintenance program(s) to ensure conformance with insurance policy requirements on ARC Flash and Short Circuit analysis, including keeping up with insurance needed approved contractors.
· Supports maintenance, production and distribution of electrical system and other utilities when needed.
· Performs other duties as required.
What You’ll Need To Have:
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Automated or Application Engineering or proven equivalent Controls/ Automation engineering experience history.
· 5+ years practical, “hands-on” working knowledge of electrical systems, automation, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, machine maintenance, installation/repair assistance and heavy industrial/ manufacturing fundamentals.
· 3+ years Auto-CAD/ drawing experience with ability to generate electrical schematics and ladder logic program.
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills.
· Proven history of innovative solutions and successful projects.
· Results-oriented and customer-focused.
· Motivated self-starter who can manage multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
Bonus Desired Experience:
· Aluminum extrusion experience
· Mechanical Engineering experience
· Continuous Improvement Engineering experience
· Direct experience with Fanuc automation technology
Valid through: 4/20/2021