Job ID 50627
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Ansible Consulting team is looking for an Automation Architect to join us. In this role, you will guide the adoption of Ansible in our key enterprise accounts, government agencies, and service provider partners. You’ll develop relationships with customer engineering, development, and operations teams by aligning their requirements and use cases with the functional capabilities of our solutions. We’ll need you to have a thorough working knowledge and practical experience with Ansible, as well as familiarity with Chef, Puppet, and Salt. As an Automation Architect, you will need an understanding of network device automation and methodologies, tools, and how they can be applied within an organization. You’ll bring together cross-functional teams working on Red Hat solutions to meet the needs of our most demanding customers. We’ll need you to act as the customer’s advocate to find the right solutions, and to ensure those solutions are implemented and supported in a reliable way. This is a remote position with weekly travel to client sites and can be located anywhere in North America within close proximity to an airport. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Deliver discovery, analysis, and design workshops for small to medium teams of both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Scope delivery projects and guide customers through successful pilot and production deployment
- Design, create, and deliver content that enables Red Hat to sell, service, and support our cloud solutions at scale
- Work closely with product teams, product engineering, consulting, support, and sales to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Contribute to the development of repeatable methodologies and tools to scale Red Hat services capabilities, and lower delivery risk
- Demonstrate innovative thinking in DevOps community by producing white papers and webinars, code contributions to relevant projects, and speeches at industry conferences
- Background in architecting and designing complex customer solutions in a rapidly evolving technology domain
- 8+ years of experience as a solutions architect, enterprise architect, or in an architect consulting delivery role with a solution sales mentality
- 4+ years focused on cloud environments and their supporting infrastructures
- Background in consultative customer engagement with either a major consulting services organization, or within the services division of a major software company
- Proven track record of working in a strategic advisory role to senior IT and business executives, including extensive experience presenting to C-level executives at large firms
- Ability to work with distributed cross-functional teams to achieve success on behalf of customers
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills with a high level of creativity and passion for open source software, tooling, and automation
- Intermediate level of scripting using Bash and Python
- Willingness to travel up to 75%
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience implementing a continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) pipeline
- Broad and deep technical experience with one or more virtualization and cloud technologies like OpenStack, Red Hat Virtualization, VMWare vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Amazon Web Services, or Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of container management and orchestration tools
- Experience across one or more vertical industry areas
- Experience working in a quality assurance role, or working with ticketing systems or bug tracking tools
- Familiarity with security fundamentals at the infrastructure, including cloud and hypervisor, and operating system level
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.