CH2M is seeking a full-time Automation and Control Systems Task Leader to join our growing team in Santa Ana, CA. This key position will provide you with the opportunity to lead Automation and Control Systems Engineering projects and work closely with our experienced and highly respected multi-discipline engineering team. Position is expected to have significant client interaction with the goal of helping our team grow our Southern California business. It is expected that the successful candidate will work on a handful of project simultaneously.
Our Automation and Control System Leaders:
• Serve as a project and/or task manager on Automation & Control Systems projects
• Perform engineering, designs and calculations in accordance with established department standards; Design Procedures, Design Guidelines, and Best Practices.
• Prepare engineering reports, studies, and calculations
• Assist with development of scope of work and man-hour estimates; plans, schedules, coordinates detailed phases of engineering work, preparation and updates of project design milestones, and staffing plans.
• Identify customer's needs and translates them into work scopes and/or design specifications.
• Research suitable solutions and prepares capital cost estimates.
• Establish the design concepts and design data for work assigned to project teams and assures technical accuracy and conformance to project requirements.
• Coordinate work flow to design team members. Directs, assists, and checks work of designers and other engineers assigned to projects.
• Review Control System drawings and specifications and other disciplines' deliverables for compliance with department and project needs and client standards.
• Provide input on employee's performance appraisal to Project Manager.
• Help train and mentor junior engineers and designers.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• 10 to 15 years’ of “hands-on” engineering experience in Automation & Control Systems
• Experience serving as a project task manager on Automation & Control Systems projects
• Experience in development of plans and specifications for Control System design and programming, and construction/start-up support
• Experience with client interaction
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Fluent in spoken and written English
Position requires experience in development control system designs, HMI, PLC, and DCS programming, and construction/start-up support.