Organizations don't innovate, people do.
As part of our digital transformation business, you'll help clients unlock innovation, embrace the future and change communities for good.
And we'll help you stimulate new thinking, accelerate your career and connect you to projects that really matter.
Join our team of over 600 data scientists, design thinkers, immersive digital consultants, project managers and innovators, all working to create positive change for generations to come.
We are seeking an Automation and Control Systems Engineer
to be based in Exton, PA
No VISA sponsorship or support is available for this role at this time.
As part of the team, you will be asked to support the development of novel automation solutions to complex industrial, municipal, and manufacturing processes. We are looking for "out of the box" thinkers that are challenged by our clients to offer innovative approaches to design new and improve existing automated processes. As an Automation Engineer, you will work alongside experienced engineers and be part of our growing team, contributing to exciting projects throughout North America, and abroad. You will need to work effectively as a member of an operating team, which means good communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
We're seeking the curious, those who are stimulated by fresh thinking and a desire to shape our communities in new, positive ways.
As part of a truly global team, working on complex and rewarding projects, you'll be at the forefront of driving change. Working with an energetic and high performing team, this position offers a variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Design of Discrete, Continuous and Batch Control Systems
- Specification of Process Transmitters, Analytical Instrumentation, Control Valves, Motors, & VFDs
- Selection & specification of PLC, HMI, & SCADA system hardware and software
- Programming in the IEC 61131 Programming Languages (Ladder, Sequential Functions, Function Blocks, Structured Text); familiarity with Visual Basic a plus
- Loop Tuning
- HMI Design: ISA-101, Alarm Management, Historians
- Specification and installation of Computer Hardware, Virtualization, Networking, Server/Client configurations
- OT/IT Communications Infrastructure Design, Fieldbus networking design (Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, etc), Copper/Fiber design, Wireless radio and Cellular design
- System Reliability & Safety, Redundancy Design; experience with HAZOPs and Safety Instrumented Systems are a plus
- Cybersecurity Design and Implementation
- Producing & modifying project deliverables including Process Flow Diagrams, Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, Instrument Lists, I/O Lists, Network Address Lists, Instrumentation/Equipment Specifications, Loop Diagrams, Control Panel Layouts & Bills of Materials, Installation Details, Area Plans, Conduit/Cable schedules, Construction Specifications
- Cost estimation and proposal development
- Project management and scope development
- Coordination and assistance with system checkout & startup
- Train end-users and maintenance person
- What you will bring to the Team:
- Up to 25% Travel required for out-of-town projects
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline; Master's degree a plus
- 8+ years of automation & control systems experience in the oil & gas, petrochemical, water/wastewater, manufacturing, and/or renewable energy industries
- Professional Engineer (PE) license will be highly regarded
- Proficiency in Allen-Bradley/Modicon PLC/HMI program development platforms
- Understanding of Databases and Analytics
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
#LI-AT1Take on some of the world's toughest challenges - with everyone at GHD backing you every step of the way.
We'll give you control over your career, empower you to find innovative solutions and help you create a lasting impact.
See where your commitment could take you with GHD. Our Pledge to You
At GHD, we don't just believe in the power of commitment, we live and breathe it every day.
That's why we pledge to empower all of our people to make a positive impact. Combining our deep technical expertise with the capabilities of our clients and partners, we respond to some of the most complex challenges facing our planet today.
See where your commitment could take you.
That's the #PowerOfCommitment Who we are
GHD is a global professional services company that leads through engineering, architecture, and construction expertise. We are an employee-owned company with over 11,000 diverse and skilled individuals, across more than 200 offices spanning five continents.
The Power of Commitment is our brand promise. It's what makes us different. We are bound to our stated vision and determination to address humanity's most urgent needs: to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.