Automated Test / QA Engineer
Our client, a growing software development firm located in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago and focused in the Healthcare industry, is looking to bring on an Automated Test / QA Engineer as a full-time employee.
This exceptional firm is experiencing strong growth, developing new products and releasing enhancements to existing products precipitating the need to add an Automated Test / QA Engineer with a strong automated background to their staff.
The selected candidate will be instrumental in this endeavor to move from a manual to automated testing environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for learning and experimenting with new technologies, while working with a fantastic team of professionals. In addition, they offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a 401K match, and a flexible work environment with the ability to work from home on occasion.
* Minimum 2+ years of solid automated testing experience in a fast-paced environment using one or more automated testing tools such as Sahi (preferred), Selenium, QTP, etc.
* Ideally, will have both an automated and manual testing background with experience in transitioning from manual to automated.
* Understanding of the tasks necessary to run automated testing in an Agile environment.
* A proven track record of releasing software into production bug free.
* Strong scripting / coding experience in Python, Shell, or Bash, with scripting and scheduling on Linux.
* Ability to write clear and well-defined test cases and bug descriptions, including acceptance testing and user stories.
*Experienceworking with bug tracking software such as JIRA.
* Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment.
* Ability to assess the current state of development and recognize threats and opportunities that may occur as the development process progresses.
* Browser-based development tools such as Rubymine, Charles, Chrome Developer, Console, etc.
*Experienceworking with relational databases in a Linux environment and significant experience writing SQL queries.
*Bachelor's Degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, EE, Mathematics, etc. is preferred.
* Mobile testing tools ( e.g., DeviceAnywhere, Perfecto Mobile ).
* Source Control ( Git ), Continuous Integration, Test Case Management, Atlassian Suite.