Clearance Required: Public Trust
Career Elites is in search for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team of motivated and experienced professionals to support a large government organization. The qualified candidate Automated QA Engineer is responsible for handling all aspects of software testing, from manual to automated tests. Responsible for creating an end-to-end test plan; executing the plan and managing all activities in the plan to ensure that all the objectives are met and that solutions work as expected. This position works closely with the requirements analyst and the application development teams. Automated QA Engineer ensures that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issues are identified and resolved before the solution is live in the production environment.
- Review requirements documentation to ensure that requirements are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Define test strategy and create test plans for software projects to determine if the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements as well as established standards under both normal and abnormal conditions.
- Maintain strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), regulatory requirements, and all company policies.
- Develop and execute manual/automated scripts using automated tools during system, regression, and acceptance test cycles.
- Participate in continuing education and attend meetings as required.
- Provide technical guidance to ensure test activities are performed according to developed test strategy and test plan.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Review software specification and develop automated regression tests based on software requirements. Improve software quality through testing and advocacy with a constant focus on the end user experience. Participate in reviews of requirements, system architecture, and design documents
- Update requirements traceability matrix with test information using tools like JIRA or HP ALM.
- Coordinate and manage user acceptance testing for large project implementations.
- Assist business units in the development of test cases for UAT Define and produce test summary reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Oracle, JIRA, HP ALM, HP UFT, Agile environment
Career Elites Overview
You've worked this hard to get where you are now. Here at Career Elites, we work diligently to understand your career goals and aspirations, and then search with these ideas in mind to provide you with the perfect career. Career Elites is the premier resource for select IT opportunities throughout the DC metro area. Providing staffing and consulting solutions in this market requires mastery of industry fundamentals, a comprehensive understanding of client and candidate perspectives, and the vision to be the best. These integral components, accompanied by an unbridled and unrelenting effort, comprise the way we achieve success.
Consistently rated by candidates as the most pleasant and engaging recruiting firm they have worked with, our recruiters strive to provide individually-tailored career advice and quality staffing services. Our portfolio of reputable clients in private venture, federal, non-profit, energy technology, and professional services, attest to how Career Elites consistently provides quality talent in an efficient and economical manner.
Let Career Elites help you find the career of your dreams.