Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv – a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Aptiv, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we’re more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here’s your opportunity. Join the technology company that’s transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We’re dedicated to bringing
the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
About Electronics and Safety
Electronics and Safety provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Aptiv to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this position
We are currently looking for an Automated Driving Systems Engineer to work in our Troy, MI location. The successful candidate will be at the forefront of the latest technological advances that will transform mobility toward the future. We are looking for someone experienced in systems thinking and passionate about the future of mobility. You are a self-starter that is able to resolve ambiguity and provide focus across multiple domains of expertise.
Responsibilities and duties
- Specify, design, and test systems using a variety of development methods
- Understand and document requirements using a requirements management tool.
- Allocate and expand requirements into actionable system requirements for mechanical, electrical and software disciplines.
- Document system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way.
- Design and perform vehicle tests to verify system performance and robustness
- Design and perform system calibration methods
- Follow defined system development and documentation steps.
- Support regional customer discussions.
- Troubleshoot complex electro-mechanical systems
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering
- 5+ years professional experience in Consumer Electronics or Automotive Industry
- 2+ years Engineeringexperience
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications)
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Track record of writing good requirements that others can successfully implement
- Able to anticipate customer requirements, even if not stated in customer documentation.
- Hands-on approach: Helps out wherever the team needs help, does whatever is necessary to meet customer deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills. Can write precise technical requirements that are easy to understand for other engineers. Good understanding of all engineering disciplines. Can explain a complex technical system in simple terms.
- Positive attitude. Glass is always half full, never half empty
- Self- motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to a highly unstructured task. Ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long beforeothers can.
- Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Model-based system development
- Simulation and modeling of dynamic systems (eg: CarSim, CarMaker)
- dSPACE Micro Autobox experience
- Functional Safety (ISO26262)
- Embedded software, C Programming
- Previous Experience with airbag, brake control, engine/powertrain control, steering control, ADAS.
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything – ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence – thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing – an entrepreneurial mindset that’s driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience – seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
• Competitive compensation with bonus potential
• Competitive health benefits
• 401K with matching contribution
• Learning and development opportunities
• Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
• Recognition for innovation and excellence
• Opportunities to give back to the community
• Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)