We are looking for Authorization Specialist for our client in La Jolla, CA
Job Title: Authorization Specialist
Job Location: La Jolla, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 months
- The Authorization Specialist is an experienced revenue cycle professional responsible for financially securing scheduled and unscheduled hospital and professional services by verifying insurance eligibility and benefits coverage and by securing insurance pre-certification and/or authorization for inpatient and/or outpatient services.
- The Specialist communicates the status of coverage/benefits verification and authorization directly with patient and providers, and facilities rescheduling of services as appropriate.
- The Specialist provides and collects estimated patient liability amounts.
- MUST HAVE SOLID AUTHORIZATION EXPERIENCE. Patient financial and registration experience do not suffice. Authorizations Specialist experience in a hospital environment, and at least 3 years of experience
- Authorization experience, Knowledge of calculation of out of pocket liability, hospital and/or professional services pre-access or billing experience.
- 3 YEARS of hospital and/or professional services pre-access or billing experience in an academic or other complex multi specialty setting.
- Experience must include insurance eligibility and benefits coverage verification, obtaining pre-certification and/or authorization for medical services and providing explanations and/or estimates of patient financial responsibility.
- 4 years or more of relevant experience, EPIC knowledge
Cynet Health is a Staffing and Recruitment wing of Cynet Systems Inc. Established in October 2010 and incorporated in the State of Virginia, Cynet is one of the leading Staffing & Recruiting Service companies in the Washington DC Metro area. Headquartered in Ashburn, Virginia, we are a certified Small, Woman, and Minority Owned Business Enterprise, a recognized diversity supplier.
With over one hundred in house recruiting staff, Cynet Health caters to various hospitals, health & wellness centers, pharmacy, and medical facilities over 50 states across the United States.