About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial financial services through more than 8,400 locations, 13,000 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco, but we’re decentralized so every local Wells Fargo location is a headquarters for satisfying our customers’ financial needs and helping them succeed financially. We do business with 70 million customers and one in three U.S. households. Wells Fargo has approximately 268,000 team members in 42 countries and territories across our more than 90 businesses.
Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. News, insights, and perspectives from Wells Fargo are available at Wells Fargo Stories: https://stories.wf.com.
Our vision: “We want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially.”
Wells Fargo Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI)
The PVSI group aligns and integrates groups from across Wells Fargo to focus on the delivery of the next generation of payments capabilities and advance our digital and online offerings. This group also invests in research, development and strategic partnerships dedicated to designing new customer experiences and products. This group includes Consumer Credit Cards and Retail Services, Deposit Products, Treasury Management and Merchant Services, Innovation, One Wells Fargo, Virtual Channels and Operations.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC)
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) supports the majority of all customer interactions at Wells Fargo. With our customers' growing preference for virtual interaction, we are in the best position to connect the customer experience across all channels — full-service and self-service, virtual and physical.
With approximately 13,000 team members, Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) serves Wells Fargo consumer and small business customers through various channels -- digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact center (phone, email, and correspondence). As part of Payments, Virtual Solutions & Innovation (PVSI), WFVC's vision is to pioneer the next generation of financial services and provide the best virtual experiences anytime, anyhow, and anywhere.
Over 32 million customers use our digital channels to manage their financial lives, and our customer-facing contact centers support approximately 450 million customer contacts annually. Whether our customers connect with us online or by phone, email, or in writing, WFVC is positioned to satisfy our customers' financial needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This leader will be a key member of the Virtual Channels Authentication (VCA) leadership team, which provides enterprise-level strategic capabilities, thought leadership, customer experience and platform operations in the areas of identity management, authentication and fraud prevention and detection in order to protect our customers and Wells Fargo. Specifically, this role will lead the evolution of the team’s current strategy and lead the definition of an enterprise-wide authentication strategy; lead the management of KPIs/metrics; develop and manage our strategic roadmap; lead VCA portfolio business support in order to ensure successful delivery and business outcomes. Additionally, this role will be a conduit to understanding internal/external trends that strategically align to and influence the Authentication strategy. This is a highly visible role that requires enterprise-wide partnership, leadership and influence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Evolve the current Authentication strategy and lead the definition of an enterprise-wide strategy, in partnership with other key stakeholders
Define and manage specific KPIs and lead the development/production of metrics that tell our transformation story
Develop and manage business roadmap in alignment with strategy
Act as a conduit to industry and external authentication and fraud protection trends and vendor capabilities in the FinTech space
Lead business operations for the Authentication team, using every opportunity to share the story of our strategic business impact
Provide business support for programs in order to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery of key programs
Lead the definition of new authentication governance needs that align with enterprise-wide strategy/capability focus
Lead and develop team of senior individual contributors
Establish and maintain relationships with partners across line of business, channels, risk and compliance, information security, fraud strategy, and technology
Encourage collaboration and easily gain trust and support of others
Quickly find common ground and solve problems on behalf of broader team
Locations: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; and Des Moines, IA; New York City, NY. Other major WF hubs will be considered.
Travel: Up to 25%
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program
- 8+ years of leadership experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Ability to define a strategy, engage in open dialogue with key partners, influence appropriately, and set overall strategic direction
- Excellent strategic communication skills that create team alignment, influence and high performance
- Exceptional leadership ability – both in leading the team, influencing the overall VCA team and leading in a matrixed environment
- Keen eye for detail and ability to drive forward programs that result in delivering progress against business KPIs, metrics and team goals.
- Proven ability to drive change and success in fast paced environments, with flexibility to adjust as appropriate
- Ability to monitor fraud and authentication trends to determine new strategies and potential business impact
- Ability to serve as a consultant to business partners to identify needs and define strategies that present potential solutions
- Proven history as a highly influential and collaborative leader
- Experience in Fraud and Authentication capabilities space
- Knowledge and understanding of strategic roadmap coordination and development
- Consulting experience in a consumer oriented, technology dependent environment, in financial services or related industries
- Financial Services experience
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree