Business Unit Description:
Internal Audit’s mission is to provide independent, objective assurance and advisory services to assist the enterprise in maintaining an effective system of internal controls.
Internal Auditsupports the Boards of Directors in their oversight of the governance, risk and control framework, and will achieve and maintain the highest level of professional standards, while furthering the development of our employees.
The Auditor function is predominantly focused on audit projects, participating in planning, driving fieldwork, and assisting with report clearance. The primary measure of success is identifying meaningful potential issues about the design and effectiveness of controls, and creating reliable documentation to support his or her work. The Auditor must manage a number of auditee relationships, be a good team player, and take accountability for his or her personal growth and professional development.
Strategic Control Impact
- Identifies meaningful issues in which controls are not properly designed or are not operating effectively.
- Assesses the risk and control environment for processes within coverage areas.
- Validates the completion of agreed action plans under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Understands the financial services industry and risk and control environment for coverage areas and identifies new risks.
- Works closely with auditees to verify timely progress and completion of agreed action plans
- Assists a Senior Auditor or Audit Manager with the execution of audit planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Completes risk-focused fieldwork on time and within the allocated budget, notifying the auditor in charge promptly of issues that arise or when budgets or timelines are at risk.
- Understands and performs root cause analysis for issues; possesses and demonstrates a strong understanding of audit techniques.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of our policies & procedures, particularly work paper documentation standards.
- Independently prepares work papers that fully comply with IAD policies and procedures.
- Participates in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Leadership Competencies for this level include:
- Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet requireddeadlines and goals.
- Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
- Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
- Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
- Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience minimum
- Bachelor's degreepreferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Previous internal or external auditexperience is helpful, but not required.
- Previous job experience for Auditors can and should vary greatly to meet the department’s goal of having a team with diverse perspectives and work experiences.
- Beneficial, but not required, are certifications related to the incumbent’s coverage responsibilities, such as Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Information Systems Auditor, Certified Financial Analyst, or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
With over 40 years of experience, DTCC is the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From operating facilities and data centers around the world, DTCC automates, centralizes, and standardizes the processing of financial transactions across the trade lifecycle and mitigates risk for thousands of institutions worldwide.
At DTCC we value on our clients' interests and partner to deliver superior results with excellence and innovation and lead with integrity. We proactively develop your potential and invest in your career.