Purpose of Job
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
Purpose of the Job
Leads company and/or staff area (CoSA) executive management to identify, develop and communicate specific business strategies across CoSA functional areas, utilizing expert knowledge of USAA, industry, business development, and financial planning. Leads strategic analyses of business needs and environmental trends in support of business strategy development and planning processes and, as appropriate, enterprise strategy and planning processes. Conducts business strategy reviews to assess progress of strategy achievement. Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution across multiple disciplines.
NOTE: This is an individual contributor role; does not direct people
• Leads the Audit workforce planning process: monitoring the overall audit workforce to align with the Audit Strategy/Audit Plan
- requisitions; talent funnel; turnover; post out; retention, cost centers, org hierarchy
• Acts as the CFO workforce planning liason and the CFO GA analyst
• Works directly with other Audit planning resources and the expense budget processes
• Works directly with Talent Acquisition monitoring the candidate experience, interview and onboard processes
• Improve processes and experiences
• Assist to set the operational recruiting framework; monitor and report on the programs
• Oversee Talent Acquisition programs and align programs to meet Audit Services
• Work on Audit's operational plan: specifically the Audit Capacity Planning Process and Hiring Plan processes as part of the audit planning process
• Support Management and Board reportingJob RequirementsPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives the development and coordination of CoSA strategy.
- Works with CoSA executive management to establish strategic framework that enables short and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Develops specific processes to manage the business strategic planning process.
- Maintains and aligns business process and frameworks to USAA enterprise strategy process and framework.
- Builds and maintains CoSA specific strategic roadmaps to ensure deliverables are met (current and future).
- Maintains responsibility of change management plans and strategies for large, complex business specific initiatives that often impact the organization and/or enterprise.
- Performs primary and secondary research and analysis and synthesizes findings on market, industry, consumer and competitor trends.
- Guides less experienced team members as they perform research and analysis.
- Supports CoSA executive leadership with the design and coordination of the annual strategic planning and operational planning processes.
- Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years professional work experience.
- 5 or more years related business experience.
- 4 or more years planning and execution experience.
- 4 or more years work experience in a role that directly contributed to business short-term and/or long-term goals inside USAA or externally.
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial services and a proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills.
- Expert level effective executive level communications and facilitation experience.
- 4 years audit or risk/compliance (SLOD) experience
- Prior work experience in a large financial institution
- Prior work experience engaging in a workforce/resource planning processes, and/or recruiting activities
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills - verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Professional designation/certification
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
For Internal Candidates: Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 9/29/2020 by 11:59 pm CST time