Audit Team Lead
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: Audit Team Lead - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: White Plains, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- Supervise high quality, professional day-to-day planning, scheduling, execution, and reporting of internal audit engagements and projects within established timelines and budgets; supervise the entire audit engagement lifecycle from planning through reporting working withAuditors and Senior Auditors as applicable.
- Manage day-to-day engagement operations, including preparing concise, accurate documents and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks and communicating potential conflicts to Internal Audit Director/Manager and the SVP of Internal Audit.
- Supervise the evaluation of key risks and internal controls, review and approve audit programs/risk & control matrices, evaluate and approve benchmarking of financial and operational processes and controls, and evaluate opportunities for efficiencies/performance improvement based on leading practice; work withInternal Audit Managers and the SVP of Internal Audit to communicate findings/recommendations to senior management and client personnel.
- Lead annual risk assessment activities, as appropriate, including: lead interviews and/or survey processes, develop audit plans and risk assessment templates as well as preliminary audit scope areas for further evaluation; work directly with Internal Audit Director/Manager and the SVP of Internal Audit to identify auditable entities and risk factors.
- Supervise Auditors and Senior Auditors in audit entrance and exit conferences.
- Supervise team testing procedures including, but not limited to, detailed tests of controls including sampling/confidence levels, analytical procedures, Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), and otheraudit procedures to address risks identified and to test internal controls; responsible for directing work conducted by Auditors and Senior Auditors on the team.
- Review high quality deliverables created by Auditors/Senior Auditors using appropriate business and technical language, provide feedback/guidance on audit work performed and results by reviewing work papers and validatingaudit issues to ensure clearly articulated issue/root cause, risk/exposure, and recommendations for improvement; direct work conducted by Auditors and Senior Auditors on the team.
- Lead/review the drafting of internal auditreports and otheraudit deliverables, direct the work conducted by Auditors and Senior Auditors on the team.
- Review processes and sub-processes in the form of walkthroughs (in a format that allows them to be re-performed), narratives, and flow charts for audit areas in scope as prepared by Auditors or Senior Auditors, as applicable.
- Oversee interactions with clients to validate the information/communication flow from the client to the audit team is efficient and effective; collaborate directly with clients and discuss client concerns through building solid relationships; and work with client in an organized and knowledgeable manner/actively lead/oversee client discussions and meetings.
- Oversee the organization and maintenance of client documentation in a manner consistent with safekeeping practices.
- Use available technical resources and tools to research and expand one's sphere of knowledge to enhance audit value; remain up-to-date on industry trends and NYPA-related strategic intent while sharing the knowledge amongst the team where applicable; be a knowledge champion providing insights to Auditors and Senior Auditors and peers.
- Supervise “integrated” Internal Control Audits as necessary including evaluating IT general controls with the assistance of IT Audit team members, as appropriate.
- Lead overall team development activities; provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members; supervise teams, creating a positive working environment through building of solid relationships with team members; monitor workloads of all team members and adjust/redistribute assignments accordingly to promote work/life quality taking into account team members 'capabilities and needs and the meeting of client expectations; encourage team dialogue; provide candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keep Internal Audit Director/Manager and the SVP of Internal Audit informed of progress and developmental issues.
- Develop and supervise complex data analysis routines and visualize the results of analytics, interpret the results of data analytics and train team members in data analysis techniques and tools.
- The level of job complexity is advanced; must be able to supervise complex audits which may be in process simultaneously and complete audits on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles and work ethic.
- In depth working knowledge of relevant auditing concepts and techniques and thoroughly familiar with COSO, GAAP, GAGAS, FERC, NERC, FASB and IIA standards
- Strong understanding of Internal Audit functions and operations
- Understanding of the electric utility industry including rate making concepts and cost structure
- Ability to supervise the identification and articulation of key risks and controls in a process and sub process and to devise and execute audit steps for a variety of audits
- Ability to plan, organize, control and execute large complex audits while maintaining cordial and professional relationships with clients
- Knowledge and application of audit concepts and techniques relative to assigned area of responsibility
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; requires critical thinking and analytical ability in accumulating and interpreting large amounts of data and information to identify audit issues and develop practical cost effective solutions
- Excellent planning and organization skills to administer audits and maintain adherence to audit plan; will encompass supervision of multiple audits concurrently
- Supervise multiple senior auditors and auditors on audit engagements; ability to develop auditors and seniors and maintain their motivation while ensuring quality of work
- Exhibits a professional attitude and work ethic and has ability to interface effectively with peers and clients
- Advanced understanding of sampling strategies and confidence levels and use of data analytics
- Deep skills in execution of project management techniques and engagement closure
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects/resources simultaneously
- High standard of ethics and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge and experience with auditing tools such Microsoft Office Products such as , Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access and Visio
- Bachelordegree in MIS, Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent discipline
- Minimum seven years’ experience in auditing preferable from a combination of Big 4 and major organization/company auditexperience; minimum three years in supervisory position, supervising multiple, complex audits or minimum of 12years’ experienceauditing in an audit firm and/or organization/company; minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
- A CPA, CISA or CIA required, MBA, CFA or CFE professional designation a plus