Whitley Penn is a Texas-based full-service public accounting firm. With offices in Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Plano, and Texas City, 65 partners, more than 550 employees, and a worldwide network affiliation via Nexia International, the firm is strategically positioned for continued growth both locally and internationally.
Our steady growth over the past 35 years reflects our knack for hiring individuals with talent and integrity, and our ability to stay one step ahead of the issues our clients face in an ever-changing business landscape.
More Than a Job: We're actively seeking an Audit Senior Associate.
- Ww have a commitment to a happy, healthy and productive workplace. We act on this commitment via our FitWhit program, an extensive wellness program uniquely designed to meet the health and wellness needs of busy professionals.
- We offer a competitive benefits package and 401k with discretionary profit sharing.
- We place an emphasis on our open door policy. Whether someone is brand new or has been with the Firm from the beginning, we are all part of the same family and each person matters.
Our Ideal Candidate Likely Has:
- 2+ years of public accounting external audit experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Master's degree is preferred
- CPA or a CPA candidate
- Strong background in technical accounting of GAAP & GAAS
- Strong leadership, management, networking and mentoring skills
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
As an Audit Senior, You Will:
- Lead audit engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing the engagement while managing client deadline expectations, monitoring actual performance against budget; and continually communicating engagement status to the manager and partner.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the client and proactively work with the client's management to gather necessary audit information, identify issues and make recommendations for business improvements and identify potential additional business opportunities.
- Supervise, train and mentor Audit Staff and Interns, including the detailed review of staff prepared work papers and evaluate performances on client engagements.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards
- Assist with business proposals, networking and recruiting opportunities
- Must be highly dedicated with a positive attitude, self-motivated, a team player who takes initiative and willing to learn
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary and great benefits.
- Exciting career path with opportunities for advancement.
- Culture focused on an open and collaborative atmosphere.
- Leadership dedicated to playing a key role in your success.