Are you passionate about your career and enjoy working in the Federal space? Do you listen attentively and follow supervisor's instructions? Do you like working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment? If so, this job may be a good fit for you.
We currently have an opening for an Audit Readiness Consultant located in Springfield, VA. In this role, you’ll handle Federal government audit readiness and remediation, and you’ll find the best ways to implement corrective action. Using knowledge of AOC Solutions services and an understanding of Federal budgetary accounting, you’ll work with a highly-dedicated team to support a challenging and rewarding Department of Defense (DoD) organization.
What you will be doing:
- Discovering, cleaning up, and analyzing unliquidated orders for sustainment task completion.
- Supporting the team in completing internal control testing over financial systems and micro applications for IT Audit Readiness.
- Documenting accounting processes, to include AP accruals, JV processes, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting the status of corrective action plans for identified control weaknesses.
- Attending, facilitating, coordinating or leading meetings between clients and the FIAR directorate and DCFO.
- Interfacing and communicating with clients to build and maintain relationships and communicate task status for assigned areas.
- Performing ad-hoc research for accounting and reconciliation tasks as needed to support shifting client requirements.
Qualities and skills you need to have:
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interface professionally with the client and provide expertise as needed.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new processes, business environment and FIAR/client initiatives.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail..
Education and experience we’re looking for:
- Clearance Required: SECRET.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited university (graduate degree a plus).
- 5 plus years of accounting, auditing or other relevant experience.
- Understanding of DoD FIAR methodology and requirements.
- Progress monitoring and status report development experience.
- Experience performing Triannual Reviews in accordance with the DoD Financial Management Regulation (FMR).
- Experience in Federal budgetary accounting.
- Experience in creating professional documents, including standard operating procedures (SOPs), policy and white papers, and assurance statements.
- Experience analyzing financial statements and associated reconciliations.
- USSGL and posting model experience (preferred).
How to apply:
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you're interested in the position.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.