- Works with Professional Excellence Division to plan projects and initiatives to further the team’s strategic goals, as well as planning certain education sessions.
- Coordinates and approves annual goals of assigned personnel.
- Works directly with all members of the firm in all divisions to provide guidance on technical matters.
- May work with outside clients and client engagement teams as needed and appropriate.
- Provides directly and/or assists other team members in the provision of various risk management functions in the areas of compliance, independence, client acceptance and retention, legal matters, etc.
- Works with the team to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of various firm processes.
- Participates in the quality control review process as appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as his or her supervisor may direct.
Actively participates in selected or assigned outside activities such as community projects, political activities, professional associations and the like which serve to enhance the prestige and image of the firm and to develop new business.
AUTHORITY: A Manager is a “line” member of management and his/her decision making authority is as follows:
- In regard to technical work – decisions made by managers are subject to the approval of the partner responsible for the activity.
- Appeals of any decisions made by a Manager can be made as follows:
- first to the appropriate Team Partner assigned to engagement
- next to the Team Leader
- next to the Practice Leader
- Advises and counsels with immediate supervisor regarding technical and other matters as requested by him/her as deemed necessary.
- Advises and counsels client engagement teams to insure proper planning and execution.
- Immediate supervision of Professional and administrative staff as designated by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Continuously maintains contacts and relationships with individuals and organizations outside of the firm in professional, business and civic areas for the purpose of:
- promoting good will for the local office and the Firm
- fostering business development activities
- maintaining as complete an awareness as possible of the most up-to-date technical data, methods and techniques in the practice area over which he/she has jurisdiction.
- Current CPA designation is required
- Minimal of Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- Minimum 5+ years of public accounting (auditing) experience
- Computer proficiency and effectively applying technology tools in assigned areas
- Ability to provide mentoring, training, and leadership to junior staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours at peak client service delivery times
- Ability to travel periodically to the firm's other locations
- Experience in ProSystems Engagement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Seek involvement in professional and community organizations