$150K — $200K *
.S. Bank Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is seeking a candidate with strong internal audit and industry knowledge/experience to join our team of audit professionals within the Corporate Functions area. The candidate will be a key member of the team, assisting the Audit Manager and Director in the continuous risk assessment and monitoring of assigned auditable entities, as well as evaluating strategic and reputation risk across the entire organization, to ultimately determine the audit strategy and approach. The Corporate Audit Services Audit Project Manager is primarily responsible for supervising staff in the completion of audit engagements with minimal supervision from managers, however there are no direct reports. The Audit Project Manager is expected to monitor progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule, assess work performed by the audit engagement team, and provide coaching and on-the-job training for team members to ensure engagements are completed in conformance with internal audit policies and procedures. The sum of work carried out by this role supports execution of the Audit Committee’s approved plan and provides Senior Management with recommendations to strengthen key business processes.
1. Supervising audit staff in the completion of audit engagements, ensuring the highest quality work delivered timely. Supervision includes:
• Assessing work performed by staff by providing coaching notes that are relevant to the scope, accuracy and completeness of work performed.
• Performing sufficient reviews to ensure work contains relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions and adhere to internal audit policies and procedures.
• Reviewing issues to ensure potential exposures and significance are included, root causes are identified, and operationally effective and cost-effective actions to address those causes are developed into appropriate recommendations.
2. Completing or assisting managers in planning audit engagements. Includes identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; interviewing auditees; determining audit scope; evaluating control design adequacy; and developing audit programs which provide sufficient guidance for testing control performance effectiveness and making evaluations which effectively achieve audit objectives.
3. Assisting the managers in reporting and wrap-up phases of audits. Includes appropriate disposition of issues and drafting audit reports which include issues.
4. Monitoring progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule. Includes making necessary adjustments and promptly completing work paper reviews on a timely basis to ensure all issues are identified and dispositioned prior to report draft issuance.
5. Providing on-the-job training for staff. Includes business knowledge of products, services, and delivery systems; company policies and procedures; applicable laws and regulations; and formal/informal control frameworks.
6. Collaborating across the three lines of defense regarding business processes, risks, and controls. Coordinating audit activities by integrating other internal audit subject matter teams (Information Technology, Anti-Money Laundering, Compliance, Risk Management, Treasury, etc.) to ensure appropriate and efficient coverage of the business products, services and processes. Managing the team’s workload to assist other audit teams when resources are needed for areas of higher risk.
7. Performing other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of applicable experience
1. Relevant financial service industry knowledge or large institution corporate support function knowledge (particularly related to enterprise strategy and analytics, corporate affairs, marketing, communications, etc.)
2. Strong financial services regulatory knowledge and experience, particularly related to the corporate functions area
3. Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
4. CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation or advanced degree.
5. Ability to operate in a changing environment, and pragmatically take large amounts of information and draw conclusions regarding key business risks and determination of the applicable audit project scope.
6. Ability to effectively interact with people at different levels within the organization.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
8. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
9. Proven leadership skills.
10. Proven adaptability to changing priorities.
11. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
12. Strong presentation skills
Valid through: 10/15/2020
$200K — $250K
4 days ago