RSM has an opening for an Audit Partner to join our Real Estate practice in New York. RSM's Real Estate practice serves a broad array of real estate owners, developers and investors including: public and private companies, home builders, real estate opportunity funds, hotel companies, private equity firms, REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts), and brokerage companies. We combines our resources, experience and deep industry knowledge with a high level of partner attention and customized service delivery. In this role, you will help lead and manage our growth, identify and seize new business opportunities, supervise staff and work closely with other partners across the enterprise.
As an Audit Partner at RSM, you will have an important role in developing, mentoring and coaching our people to achieve challenging and rewarding careers and developing them into future leaders in our firm. Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and execution of growth strategies; actively represent the firm in the business community to promote our brand and technical capabilities; develop and close new business
- Serve as audit engagement leader and/or client service coordinator managing the auditing of all required financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Manage multiple engagements, oversee engagement status and ensure maintenance of milestones of all projects
- Identify technical accounting matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed
- Review work product and communicate audit status to clients periodically and assess resources needed for project completion
- Understand skillsets and capabilities of team members and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year to develop deeper relationships to better understand client's goals and strategies
- Understand RSM's lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Manage profitability of projects, evaluate strategy for growth of the Firm
- Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams
- Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to enhance business growth
- Develop others within the Firm through facilitating levels based or industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm's standards and policies
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree with CPA Certification
- 12+ years of current or recent audit experience in a public accounting environment
- 8+ years of previous experience auditing real estate related companies and organizations
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- A successful record of directing and deploying team members on multiple simultaneous engagements
- Knowledge of real estate funds and REITs a plus
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.