Job ID 2017-1974
Go Beyond the Ordinary. Join Wipfli LLP.
We are excited that you made the decision to consider joining Wipfli LLP. In doing so, you've decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. We hope that you find, in Wipfli LLP, the firm where you will meet all of your goals and aspirations in life and work. Guided by our mission statement, To contribute to the success of our associates and clients, we will contribute to your development of technical and soft skills, so you can ensure our clients are successful.
Since 1930, we have grown to be a thriving nationally known firm, with a local presence, and subject matter experts of a large firm. We will help our associates and clients -- and perhaps you thrive. All along, the Wipfli Way has guided us in making our associates and clients successful, and creating a culture that values relationships.
As we begin our relationship with you, we look forward to learning how we can help turn your ideas into realities, and how you will turn the challenges of our clients into opportunities for their success. To further explore more about The Wipfli Way and all we have to offer, please go to our website www.wipfli.com.
Wipfli LLP is always looking for experienced audit professionals to join our growing firm. Audit Managers will be the primary audit contact for specific clients and oversees the accurate and timely execution of a wide range of audit engagements depending on the need and background of the associate.
The Audit Manager communicates results to clients and firm associates, ensures the firm is proactively identifying audit opportunities and serving the client's needs, and motivates and supervises the performance of staff and senior accountants, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Respond to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Participate in and provide leadership for firm initiatives and projects.
- Plan and schedule engagement fieldwork with clients and firm resources.
- Lead and manage audit, review, and compilation engagements in accordance with firm and professional standards, within budget and deadline expectations.
- Perform detailed reviews of workpapers completed by other associates.
- Communicate proactively with clients and engagement partners regarding project status, client service opportunities, and other significant matters in a timely manner.
- Review financial statements and footnotes, management reports, executive reports, and other requested deliverables.
- Provide training, direction, and supervision to staff and senior accountants.
- Develop and attain a comprehensive understanding of services provided by the firm.
- Attain a thorough technical competency and industry specific expertise through CPE, firm/industry group events, webinars, etc.
- Review tax-related information to include tax provisions, depreciation schedules, property tax returns, etc
- Perform client billing.
- Lead multi-disciplined client service teams for account planning
- Research and communicate with client and firm personnel regarding complex accounting matters.
- Actively participate in community activities and organizations to develop and maintain positive business relationships with community leaders and members.
- Complete audit, review, and compilation procedures for complex areas and transactions.
- Prepare and review client correspondence (letter, e-mail, etc.).
- Actively participate in firm sponsored events for industry-specific and/or regional clients and prospects.
Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA certification required in the respective state in which they are practicing
- Requires a valid drivers license
- Requires at least five years of job related experience