As an Audit Manager at MBAF, you will be responsible for developing risk assessments, conducting audits, establishing internal audit programs, and having frequent interactions with client teams, partners and staff. The Audit Manager will oversee all responsibilities of the engagement staff while meeting the project deliverables and providing the highest quality of client service and satisfaction.
- Manage all aspects of an audit engagement, including: planning, fieldwork, wrap-up and billing.
- Provides guidance and experience to ensure that engagement risks are identified and appropriate responses (including specific audit steps) are taken.
- Provides the engagement partner with timely status updates and communicates and involves the partner, if needed, in the resolution of any client issues as they arise.
- Review work papers and financial statements prepared by staff or senior.
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year and possess a thorough knowledge of the client and their industry.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA is required
- Must have five to ten+ years of related audit or applicable business experience; public accounting and SEC audit experience
- Experience with engagement and KBA is preferred
- Significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge with proficiency in US GAAP and GAAS
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Proven experience working independently and managing multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites