This role represents an opportunity to be a Audit Manager in one of Just Eat’s most important markets (Canada) and in a high growth, exciting Group brand and business called SkipTheDishes. With our Canadian business growing rapidly, SkipTheDishes continues to invest in world class talent and is looking to hire a highly established individual as a Senior Auditor.
Working for Group Internal Audit & Risk, you will be part of a newly established, select team of independent professionals who seek to deliver valuable, pragmatic insights and assurance to the business and the Audit Committee. Working under the management of the Business AuditPrincipal and with a local administrative line into the Skip Finance Director, you will be given responsibility to manage your end-to-end audits through planning, fieldwork and reporting. This is a great opportunity for a conscientious, lateral thinker and proactive self-starter who wants to make a mark across the Skip business. Assignments will be varied across financial, operational, technology, projects, commercial and compliance which will give great exposure and opportunities for gaining experience and personal growth. While this is a Canada-focused role, opportunities may also arise to periodically visit international markets too.
Should you join the team, you can be sure that the majority of work you do will be risk-based and prioritised against the key risks and strategic opportunities of Skip / Just Eat which is a highly motivating factor.
- Delivery of audit planning, fieldwork and reporting – this will require supporting the Business Audit Principal and/or Lead Auditor in planning, independently performing risk and control analysis, executing audit testing and preparing reports for IA management review and finalisation.
- Project management – Managing yours, your manager’s and business stakeholders’ time across the business to deliver audits effectively and efficiently.
- Relationships – Managing relationships with stakeholders and helping build our reputation as a business-astute, highly professional and capable audit team.
- Quality – Deliver all aspects of work in accordance with our methodology to the Business AuditPrincipal or Lead Auditor for quality review
- Audit and risk operations – Being proactive and contributing to team operations, including quarter end reporting, audit issue follow ups, enterprise risk management activities and any other team activities.
Required skills and experience
- Independently minded, analytical candidate. The candidate will have experience in Internal Audit, advising and influencing business stakeholders on the design, implementation and effective application of controls; providing independent assurance to challenge the ‘status quo’. The candidate will also be required to demonstrate their ability to be organised and structured in their work approach.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and good exposure to business cycles, such as: order to cash, purchase to pay, HRprocesses (eg. Joiners, movers, leavers), customer service operations, expenses, commissions, revenue assurance, procurement and project management
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and data-related skills, linking into smart auditing and providing unique insights back to the business.
- Given the nature of the business, any exposure to technology audits is highly desirable.
- Confident and enjoys working with team members and mid to senior business stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills and has experience preparing professional auditreports.
- CPA or equivalent. CISA desirable given technology environment but not essential.
- At least 5-10 years postqualificationexperience in a Big 4 or S&P/TSX 60 type organisation.