RSM is looking for a dynamic Manager to join the Assurance team in our Madison Office. You will have the opportunity to work as a team member on diverse client engagements as part of our national and local Consumer Products/Industrial Product practice. Our clients include local, national and internationally recognized manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and retailers with diverse organizational structures operating in a variety of sectors, including apparel & home furnishings, retail, food & beverage, health & beauty, recreation & fitness, household products, broadcasting, publishing, printing, to name just a few. For decades, RSM’s assurance professionals have been helping companies improve their performance through the most challenging business cycles.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations including coordinating audits of complex financial statements, related disclosures, and other client deliverables
- Assess risk along with design and communicate audit procedures to engagement teams
- Understand and utilize RSM’s audit methodology
- Manage multiple engagement teams and prepare end-of-engagement evaluations for staff
- Lead the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary financial statements and related disclosures and reportable conditions letters, with an eye on quality, thoroughness and accuracy
- Collaborate with the engagement manager/senior manager on engagement approach and execute on the plan using a risk-based approach
- Identify technical accounting matters early and assess impact on financial statements; coordinate with firm specialists as needed
- Recognize industry-specific and general accounting and auditing issues, including revenue recognition, inventory pricing and LCM, receivable discounts, allowances, incentives and bad debts, current and deferred tax provisions, etc. Determine appropriate audit approach for such areas
- Provide insightful feedback on financial statements and prepare other client deliverables such as board communications, deficiency letters, management letters, etc.
- Understand skillsets and capabilities of Senior Associates and Supervisors and monitor and review work product that they prepare and report on performance while articulating coaching notes throughout the process
- Supervise seniors and supervisors on engagement teams and function as an in-charge, monitoring and reporting regarding productivity and adherence to work plan and budget
- Anticipate and address client concerns and escalate issues as they arise
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year to understand impact of significant developments in client’s business and assess impact on current yearaudit engagements
- Identify and communicate significant accounting and auditing matters to senior manager and partner on engagement
- Develop others within the Firm through facilitating levels based or industry training, advising on career development or participating in other Firm initiatives
- Identify performance improvement opportunities for team members
- Understand RSM’s lines of businesses, availability of services and where applicable, discuss with client management of opportunities to make valuable introductions to others in the firm
- Manage time appropriately across multiple projects
- Subscribe to and actively read industry publications and share relevant information with clients as considered applicable
- Develop a strategy to utilize relationships external to the firm with different types of Centers of Influence to effectuate business growth
- Manage profitability of projects
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education
- Keep abreast of latest developments as they affect GAAP and the Firm’s standards and policies
- Willingness to travel25% of the year, depending on your clients
- BS/BA Degree in Accounting or equivalent degree
- CPA or CA Certification
- 5+ years of current or recent experience in a public accounting environment
- Experience leading teams and mentoring associates
- Understanding of audit services with knowledge of GAAP, GAAS and FASB regulations
- Previous experienceauditing consumer products and/or industrial products companies
- A proven record of building profitable, sustainable client relationships
- Minimum of 4years of team lead or in-charge experience overseeing staff on multiple engagements
- Experience with acquisitions, including purchase accounting, goodwill, intangible assets, impairment issues, valuations and related assumptions, stock-based compensation and equity
- A successful record of directing and deploying staff and senior associates on multiple, simultaneous engagement
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req4297