The Audit Manager is responsible for audit project management, staff development, and relationship management within the Risk and Compliance functions of Ally Financial. The Manager will help assess risk and have a critical role in the development of efficient and effective audit projects; conclude and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management, etc.; and effectively communicate results to management.
Principle duties and responsibilities of this job classification:
- Manage the overall execution and completion of concurrently (typically two or more at a time) assigned audit projects on a timely basis.
- Manage the audit focus of key risks and ensure efficient & effective delivery with the highest quality, in compliance with professional standards and audit policies.
- Review and interpret workpapers and analysis presented by team members and consistently draw the right conclusions.
- Prepare for and conduct key audit meetings and presentations with management.
- Inspire and challenge audit teams to achieve excellent performance.
- Mentor & develop audit staff and act as a knowledge resource.
- Effectively identify and communicate unusual and difficult problems to audit leadership.
- Assess audit staff against established performance and leadership criteria; provide timely, honest and meaningful project evaluations.
- Establish open and effective communication with management.
- Serve as contact with Risk and Compliance management in a collaborative way to foster positive working relationships, provide control advice and issue trends and to stay abreast of major business activities and changes in the business; and makes audit plan recommendations as necessary.
- Support continuous process improvement such as continuous monitoring and data analytics by identifying needs and opportunities and recommending appropriate process changes; champion common audit process approach; and recommend process changes to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Develop/maintain expertise in Risk Management and Compliance subject areas and champion knowledge transfer to staff.
- Assist Audit leadership, as appropriate in fulfilling information requests from regulators (FRB/FDIC/UDFI) and represent Ally Audit Services in supporting and handling issues raised by the FRB/FDIC/UDFI.
Note: This role may also have audit involvement and responsibilities within other business units in addition to Risk.
- Located in Charlotte
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or economics; CPA or CIA a plus
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience within the financial services industry and/or public accounting
- Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management (Corporate Governance, Risk Appetite, Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), Key Risk Indicators (KRI), Loss Reporting, Risk Reporting, Data Governance, Model Risk Management and Consumer Compliance banking regulations.
- Strong critical thinking skills and experienceauditing in a dynamic organization
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong leadership and managerial skills (detail-oriented, deadline driven, self-directed, organized, etc.) with proven track record of increasing responsibilities within the organization
- Demonstrated effective project management skills and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a changing environment
- Demonstrated skill in successfully managing audit teams with an emphasis on staff development
- Ability to develop and maintain strong management relationships within the audit areas noted above
- Professional flexibility