Audit Manager - Quality Assurance
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe it is essential that all jobs focus on helping our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of persons who speak their mind, truly listen and step outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek employees who take great pride in their work and are inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our clients’ financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Audit Manager
Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH’s Internal Auditing Division has an opening for an Audit Manager who will report to the Head of Professional Practices. The role will be responsible for:
- Assisting in managing quality initiatives and reviews across the Division and against the Institute of Internal Auditing Standards, BBH’s Audit Manual, and industry best practices with ability to identify trends/themes and recommending remediation actions.
- Effectively challenging the Audit Teams on key risks and controls, reporting on quality assurance review results, and providing recommendations to improve audit procedures and processes.
- Proactively monitoring for changes to industry and regulatory requirements, guidance, and pronouncements.
- Leading and facilitating Division-wide training initiatives and skills assessment.
- Assisting in the development of tactical plans relative to the implementation of the internal audit function’s overall goals and objectives.
- Assisting in developing, enhancing and monitoring performance metrics, reporting trends and recommending remediation actions to enhance the department’s overall productivity.
- Assisting in leading and driving Division-wide process improvement efforts and strategies, as directed.
- Disseminating and sharing best practices with Internal Audit Management, Leadership, and Audit Teams.
- Bachelor’s degree (accounting, finance, information technology or related discipline preferred).
- Overall minimum 6+ years of experience including public accounting and/or diversified financial services, including experience in internal auditing (minimum of 4 years in auditing).
- Strong knowledge of the Institute of Internal Audit’s (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) to which the Internal Auditing Divisions’ Manual is aligned.
- Strong knowledge of financial services products, services, and regulations.
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with ability to present complex and sensitive issues to Audit Leadership and Management.
- Works well individually and in teams by sharing information and supporting colleagues, while remaining independent.
- Serves as an advisor by providing guidance to Audit Team members on Audit Manual, IIA Standards, and regulatory expectations and requirements.
- Knowledgeable in local regulatory requirements: Regulators (Department of Financial Services, OCC, etc.), and large bank holding company operations audit standards.
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CAMS) or commitment to attain certification within 12 to 18 months of on-boarding.
Prior working experience in Professional Practices, performance of quality reviews or similar function is highly desired. Knowledgeable of information technology and systems risks and controls is highly preferred. Strong technical knowledge of audit tools such as Archer is also preferred.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under federal, state or local law.