Lilling & Company LLP is a boutique accounting firm focusing on auditing Investment Entities, Employee Benefit Plans, Broker-Dealers, Not-for-Profits and commercial entities. Lilling conducts the most peer reviews (approximately 25%) in New York.
We are looking for a manager to run several investment entity and commercial engagements, interact with clients directly, supervise a team of professionals, and work directly with Partners. Ideally, this candidate would be on a partner track.
- Lead multiple client engagements to provide timely client deliverables.
- Leading client audit engagements including planning, executing, and completing financial statement audits.
- Proactively communicate with clients, Partners, and team members to manage engagements and expectations.
- Act as a resource for engagement team members by sharing extensive knowledge and experience.
- Manage, develop, and engage team members on engagements by providing immediate feedback and assessing performance at year-end reviews.
- Strive to continuously improve by attending professional development initiatives and training seminars
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant audit experience at a public accounting firm, experience as a manager is preferable but not required.
- Active CPA license
- Proven experience of meeting strict deadlines within budgetary constraints
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a client focus
- Highly detail-orientated, organized and proactive
- Willing to travel to client locations
- Financial Services experience with demonstrated technical expertise in this industry
- Demonstrated skills in communication, relationship building, and analytical problem-solving.