Portland, Oregon, United States · Audit & Assurance Department · A&AMgr18
Some may think a job is just a job, but at Perkins & Co we believe in igniting possibilities by helping our employees develop careers that fulfill their ambitions. We hire great people and give them a great place towork. Our secret to keeping them around is a positive culture, strong community involvement and a dedication toconstantly getting better every day. Perkins & Co offers a competitive salary, 401(k) profit sharing plan, paid timeoff plan, and a comprehensive insurance package.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about providing excellent client service and developing the employeesthey work with. We want someone who tends to get excited when looking at financial statements and evaluating the scope of the audit before digging into the details. If you love what you do, but want to find a place where local travel and complex audit work coexist, we have a home for you at Perkins & Co.
Where do you want to go?
Let’s Get There.
- Develop strong partnerships with a diverse client base (manufacturing & distribution, health care, commercial real estate, etc.)
- Understand and implement new audit risk standards as they pertain to our clients
- Support critical reasoning with proper firm and professional standards
- Manage competing priorities and communicate accordingly to deliver excellent client service
- Establish audit objectives and scope of work and manage engagement budgets, bills and schedules
- Develop and motivate engagement staff and seniors by providing mentorship, leadership, counseling and career guidance
- Foster teamwork and innovation to enhance the client service experience
- Review work prepared by the staff and seniors and provide constructive feedback to develop their personal and professional skills
- Demonstrate technical curiosity that directs the individual to grow professionally and personally in ways topositively contribute to the firm
- Seek opportunities to expand leadership within the firm by getting involved in various aspects of the firm such as training and development, recruiting, and/or updating processes/procedures
- Seek to become famous in the community through networking and other business development activities
*Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Does this sound like the perfect opportunity for you? If so, please submit your resume so we can get the conversation started!
Questions or any difficulty with the application?
Email Areena McLaughlin, Talent Acquisition Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Perkins & Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in public accounting in a large local/regional or Big 4 firm (paperless environment)
- Proven technical expertise and experience with middle-market businesses
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Proficient with use of office technology and software (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- High level of integrity and trustworthiness
- Proven ability to give and receive constructive criticism
- Strong problem solving, organizational and detail skills
- Ability to travel (mostly locally; occasional out-of-area travel)
- CPA licensed
We are always interested in connecting! This posting is intended to build our network of professionals interested in Perkins & Co; the timing of specific openings will vary. Please email if you have additional questions.