Make your mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Apply your understanding of audit theories and procedures on client engagements to perform audit procedures on assigned audit areas, and identify and resolve client audit issues.
- Review staff work product while providing constructive feedback and identifying staff developmental needs.
- Assist managers in developing ideas to help clients with operational and control opportunities, client presentations and selling opportunities.
- Develop and execute a practice development plan which includes networking, new client development and client expansion activities.
- 6+ years of recent, related Audit experience in public accounting.
- Specialization with clients operating as not for profit entities is required; other public sector audit experience, including governmental and/or higher education is a plus.
- Successful experience supervising and mentoring staff on engagements and managing client relationships/engagements.
- Understanding of Accounting Principles Generally Accepted in the United States especially those that are not-for-profit industry specific.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree.
- CPA required.
- Qualified individuals must either reside in or near the Chicago or Schaumburg areas or be willing to relocate to the area for this opportunity. This position may require some local, national, and occasional international travel.
- Position may be filled as a Manager or Senior Manager based on applicable experience.