This position is responsible for:
- Overseeing the internal audits procedures
- Monitoring adherence to schedules and programs
- Assisting with implementing departmental standards
- Liaising with external examiners
- Compiling reports and schedules
- Analyzing risk to Northwest of specific regulations
- Researching the relevant section of Northwest procedures and documentation
- Developing the scope and audit program guidelines
- Overseeing compilation of results and report preparation
- Liaising with relevant personnel during the audit process
- Recommending and monitoring corrective action
- Directing investigations for fraud/robbery projects/incidents
- Completing special projects
- Working as part of a team
- Working with onsite equipment
The Audit Manager assists the CAE in the completion of the Audit Risk Assessment and development of the Annual Audit Plan approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. The Audit Plan includes financial, operational, regulatory and compliance related internal audits and assessments. The Audit Department also plays a key role in the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) control effectiveness testing.
- Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, organize and execute financial, operational, regulatory and compliance related internal audits and assessments, as the lead auditor or as an individual contributor, to assess the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, efficiency of operations, and compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Lead project wrap-up activities including reviewing work papers, writing the audit report, facilitate the exit meeting, gather stakeholder feedback, finalize work papers and provide feedback to the audit team.
- Oversee and manage internal audit personnel in the testing the Company's system of internal control for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance.
- Supervise, train and mentor staff -- share knowledge with others to facilitate skill development and career advancement.
- Assist with coordinating activities with co-sourced service providers, external auditors, and management stakeholders.
- Promote an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect amongst internal audit team members and with all levels of management.
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's or advanced degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), other certifications may be considered. 10 years of audit or compliance experience acquired in a financial services internal audit department, banking practice of a public accounting firm or experience in a highly regulated industry is preferred. 5+ years experience in leading, coaching and developing team members.