Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Assurance Expert (Audit Manager) – Internal Audit
By providing independent, impactful assurance to executive management, the Managing Board, and the Audit Committee, Siemens Healthineers Audit (SHS A) strives to improve the overall success of Siemens Healthineers.
SHS A is a Global Leadership Development Program where you will work on assurance projects of various size and scope for internal clients worldwide, developing a strong network and unlocking doors for the future. The hands-on international exposure, in-depth view into Siemens Healthineers’ operations, and networking opportunities provide a solid foundation for taking on a leadership role as your next career step.
Role Responsibilities: Staying challenged and future-oriented
- Assist in the development of new audit programs, assist audit preparation and be able to manage a workstream within an audit to identify risks efficiently and effectively
- Contribute to the ongoing digitalization of internal audit by learning and applying data analysis and visualization tools
- Perform complex audit program steps, use analytical skills to identify root causes of findings and assist clients in developing improvement measures
- Collaborate constructively and respectfully with fellow audit team members and business stakeholders including with multicultural teams and in global locations
- Maintain communication with the Engagement Manager, respond to feedback and be able to adjust approach as the situation warrants
- Contribute in management meetings, presenting findings, conclusions and recommended actions to business management
- Participate in our open feedback culture, provide constructive feedback
- Adhere to the SHS Audit Methodology and quality standards, support the review of teammates’ working papers
- Contribute to recruiting activities; identify internal and external top talent
- Represent Internal Audit within Siemens Healthineers, contributing to the reputation of SHS Audit as a trusted business partner who helps manage risks for the company
- Internal audit roles regularly require extensive national and international travel (typically 33-50%, but at times as high as 75%)
- 5 - 8 years of professional experience within healthcare industry, or in a ‘Big 4’ accounting firm
- Strong business acumen (P&L, balance sheet, cash flows) and understanding of one or more functional areas, such as accounting/controlling, financial reporting, service business, sales finance, go-to-market models, supply chain, and/or product lifecycle management
- “Digital DNA” - a passion for digitalizing processes and making use of emerging technologies to perform analyses
- Expertise in MS Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Additional education/certifications (CPA, CMA, CFE, CIA, MBA, etc.) all preferred
- Fluent in English (written and spoken); proficiency in major foreign language(s) a plus.