The Internal Audit Manager, as part of the Global IA Management Team, provides strategic oversight of the activities of the Internal Audit Department, provides guidance and direction to the audit staff and ensures the department’s objectives are aligned with those of the company. The Manager will be based in Decatur, IL. The Manager assists the audit staff in providing recommendations that improve internal controls, add value and/or create greater efficiencies with respect to operations, compliance, reporting, etc. The Manager must have a strong understanding of process and controls, demonstrated knowledge of accounting concepts, and sound problem solving and decision making skills. The Manager demonstrates the highest level of integrity and ethical leadership through example and is committed to developing staff as future leaders.
Internal Audit’s role is to assist ADM management by providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. This is achieved by utilizing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve effectiveness of our organization's risk management, control, and governance processes.
Required experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or closely related field
- Minimum 8 years of Internal Audit and/or Accounting experience
- One or more relevant professional designations (CPA or CIA) required
- MBA (or other advanced degrees, e.g. MS in Accounting) is preferred
- Working knowledge of the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, along with comprehensive technical knowledge of Audit, Accounting and Risk Management concepts and principles (US GAAP, US Sarbanes Oxley Act)
- Up to 20% travel, including international travel
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus but not required
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directs the overall performance of assigned audit procedures (including financial, compliance, operational) by identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting processes and procedures, reviewing audit working papers, and ensuring that professional accounting and audit principles and standards are followed.
- Plans, conducts and/or manages multiple projects simultaneously. Ensuring all necessary risks, material audit findings, and areas of non-compliance with policies, procedures, or internal controls have been identified in the audits conducted in the department.
- Exercises sound judgment and makes independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as exercises discretion in matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Gathers, analyzes, and evaluates facts, prepares concise oral and written reports, draws logical conclusions, negotiates issues and resolves problems.
- Identifies opportunities to provide consulting/collaboration services that result in value add or increased efficiency for the company.
- Encourages continuous improvement. Maintains current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to the Internal Audit Department and new auditing techniques and practices, and develops processes to integrate improvements in the audit process.
- Provides ongoing recognition, feedback and development, holding employees accountable for success. Creates an environment where employee feedback facilitates positive change. Fosters an accountable team environment of goal setting and achievement.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with peers, staff, management and external contacts including excellent follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Demonstrates and enforces safe work habits.