The Manager reviews and manages health care and otheraudit engagements while supervising and developing Staff and Senior Accountants. The Manager is willing to grow professionally and sees the firm as a tool (resource and environment) to assist with that growth, but understands and takes ownership for personal and professional growth and development. The Manager views the development and training of subordinates as a very important part of career and necessary in order to advance to senior management level position within the firm.
PRIMARY DUTIES | RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical Expertise and Work Quality
- Assumes full responsibility for directing large engagements and special assignments.
- Establishes solid working relationships with clients to establish engagement expectations and assess needs.Identifies the most effective means of meeting engagement objectives, including the use of technology and the right mix of procedures and personnel.
- Supervises the assignment of duties to, and the training of, Staff and Senior Accountants assigned to the engagement.
- Monitors engagement process, providing corrective action as necessary and promptly identifying changes in engagement scope.
- Ensures engagement work product is neat, organized, and cross referenced.
- Strives to complete engagements timely, within budget and with acceptable realization.
- Possess a thorough understanding of technical issues including industry and practice specialty practice standards, and the laws and regulations in order to identify and provide solutions for complex client issues and problems, as they relate to their functional area of expertise.
- Shares in the responsibility for keeping all firm members informed on changes in standards, regulatory requirements, rules and specialized industry laws and regulations.
- Obtains an annual utilizationbudget of between 1,600 and 1,700 chargeable hours.
Business Ethics | Standards:
- Conducts himself/herself in a manner which upholds the core values of the firm and the image of the profession.
- Develops the personal/lifelong traits of: teamwork, great attitude, self confidence, integrity, image, and good business judgment.
- Continues to develop technical skills in accounting, auditing, and consulting as work experience continues to increase.
- Develops effective leadership skills that focus on developing and motivating consultants.
Business Development | Client Relationships:
- Shows an interest in assisting with the marketing and practice development efforts of the firm.
- Develops referral sources and networking with community leaders such as bankers, attorneys, etc.
- Maintains excellent working relations with clients.
- Expands the work or services of existing clients. Makes client aware of the service offerings of the firm and the affiliates.
Leading | Developing Others:
- Responsible for the development and training of Staff and Senior Accountants.
- Participates in the recruiting of personnel
- Actively participates in personnel retention efforts
- Coaches and mentors personnel.
- Provides meaningful and timely feedback for the purpose of developing and enhancing staff members' skill sets.
- Provides input and participates in Staff and Senior Accountants' performance reviews.
- Licensed CPA.
- At least five years of progressive Auditing experience
- Experience in leading and training less experienced Audit staff members.