Audit Manager - Finance / Accounting Audit
Founded and continuously led by inventor and entrepreneur Tony Aquila, Solera is a global leader in digitaltechnologies that manage and protect life's most important assets: our cars, homes and identities. Since its inception in 2005 as a garage-based startup, Solera has grown aggressively with over 45 acquisitions across its Risk Management Solutions, Service Maintenance & Repair, and Customer Retention Management platforms. The company's current product solutions include Audatex, Autodata, AutoPoint, CAP/HPI, Colimbra, Digidentity, Enservio, Explore Data, Hollander, Identifix, Inpart, LYNX and TitleTec, as well as the company's flagship Digital Garage application. Today, Solera processes over 250 million transactions annually for approximately 200,000 partners and customers in nearly 90 countries. Unified by a strong culture that values uncommon entrepreneurial thinking and continuous "do-it-different" innovation, Solera's global workforce of 6,000+ associates comes from diverse forward-thinking industries that include automotive technology, artificial intelligence, software development, data sciences, cybersecurity, cognitive design, and digital identity protection. Solera went public on the NYSE in 2007 under the stock symbol "SLH", joined the S&P 400 in 2009, and went private in 2016 in a $6.5 billion transaction backed by leading investors that include Vista Equity Partners, Koch Industries and Goldman Sachs.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our expectations are high. That’s why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best! What makes this role exciting? We are currently seeking an accounting professional with a background in financial accounting, analysis, and reporting, to join the Global Accounting team. In support of Mission 2020 and the promotion of shareholder value, this individual will strive to achieve administrative excellence by ensuring financial data and disclosures are delivered to both internal and external users timely & accurately, while also, ensuring related internal controls are designed and operating effectively. Ideal candidates are output-focused, goal-oriented, proactive, diligent, organized, flexible and eager to take on new challenges. To be successful in this role, candidates must show an ability to develop and lead a 97th percentile elite accounting and reporting infrastructure (80/20) and efficiently deploy resources to constantly innovate and achieve more output (30/30), while holding him/herself and others accountable to a rigorous performance standard (90/10).
- Assess current in-scope processes to mitigate control gaps and perform monitoring procedures around internal controls to determine their effectiveness.
- Support management to maintain internal controls structure in accordance Sarbanes Oxley Act Section 404 and PCAOB standards.
- Perform substantive audit procedures in accounting processes.
- Execute audits in accordance with GAAS; including performing risk assessments of processes, designing and documenting internal controls, testing, and documenting audit findings and remediation plans.
- Complete audit assignments in an efficient and timely manner. (i.e., by the budgeted/estimated dates and provide updates to management as needed)
- Manage the communication of the internal control plan and deliverables to all key stakeholders.
- Lead the effort to ensure timely & accurate reporting of open remediation’s/ identified control deficiencies identified because of monitoring, testing, assurance reviews or audit findings.
- Responsible for promoting a culture of compliance by conducting training programs that increase the level of awareness of control standards & policies.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Finance Internal Controls and internal/ external audit requirements.
The Fine Print
- Minimum of 3 years of auditexperience in public accounting including evaluation of accounting/ financialreporting controls and procedures.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting.
- Extensive understanding of GAAP accounting; including active CPA license or actively pursuing it.
- Ability to be detail oriented. Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, including a solid foundation in accounting analysis and ability to read and understand US GAAP guidance.
- Highly motivated and organized.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships at all levels within the Company.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent time and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Citrix / Cognos (or other consolidation financialreporting software) is a plus.
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.